Update the Xiaomi Redmi 1S to Android Lollipop
Learn How To Update/Install Android Lollipop On Xiaomi Redmi 1S with easy method and step by step instructions. The ROM is in beta version, so you may face some problems. There is a bug with the Wifi MAC address, however the Wifi is usable and work well.
Image Source : mifile.cn
Below are some warning statements that you must be knowing before preparing to Root or Install Custom Rom in your Android Smartphone:
- Rooting/Installing Custom ROM is not an authorized process hence you’ll be losing all your warranty benefits over your device after Rooting/Installing it.
- There are certain risks of damaging your Android Smartphone while Rooting/Installing Custom ROM in it. Hence, it is recommended that you proceed at your own risk and we are not to be held responsible even if your Smartphone gets damaged during or after completing the Rooting/Custom ROM installation process.
- You might not receive any future official software or firmware updates after rooting and installing Custom ROM in your device.
Before You Begin:
- Make sure your Xiaomi Redmi 1S is fully charged (60-70% minimum).
- Your device must be rooted.
- Make sure TWRP Custom Recovery is installed in your device.
- Backup your apps and other data (You have to wipe your device during the flashing process).
Download Required Files:
How To Update To Android Lollipop:
- Follow all the instructions written above properly for safe installation.
- Download Custom ROM and GAPPs zip file and transfer them into your device’s SD card.
- Boot into recovery mode. Press the volume up and power buttons simultaneously till the TWRP recovery screen shows up.
- Backup your current ROM from your custom recovery.
- Do a complete wipe, data and cache.(includes Dalvik Cache).
- Navigate to your SD Card and select the ROM zip file. Flash the ROM and Wipe data and cache again.
- After flashing Custom ROM zip file, navigate to GAPPs in your SD card and flash it too.
- Now reboot your device (First boot may take few minutes).
Root : Download SuperSU and flash it with Custom Recovery.
Sound Patch: Download from here
Wifi Patch: Download from here