Sony Xperia Z1 got lastest Androd 4.4.2 kitkat update from Sony. Sony has rolled out Android 4.4.2. Kitkat update for many of his latest flagship devices. Sony Xperia Z1 come with a 5-inch display with Full HD (1920 x 1080) screen resolution. The display of device is featured with Triluminos display and X-Reality Engine. The Z1 is powered with Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chipset with 2.2 GHz Quad-Core processor and Adreno 330 GPU for better gaming experience. The device is popular for its 20.7 MP rear camera with LED flash and 1080p video recording. Sony Xperia Z1 has 16 GB of internal memory with 2 GB RAM support, also support external SD card upto 64 GB. Xperia Z1 is packed with 3000 mAh battery.
Before You Begin:
- This method is for Sony Xperia Z1 C6902 only.
- You device must be charged at least 50%.
- Install & Setup Flashtool in your PC. Click Here for our installation and setup guide.
- Enable USB Debugging in your Xperia Z1. Click Here for our guide on enabling USB Debugging.
- Please backup all your important data first.
Download Required Files:
- Download & Setup Flashtool from Here
- Download Android 4.4.2. Kitkat Stock Firmware from Here or Here
How To Update Sony Xperia Z1:
- Please follow all steps given above first.
- Download and Place Stock Firmware files in C:/Flashtool>Firmwares folder (Read Our Installation & Setup guide first).
- Now open flashtool.exe file in your PC.
- In Flashtool click on the lightning button on the top left and select Flashmode.
Now select the .ftf Firmware file and the options given in the image below and click on OK or Flash button (Depend on version of Flashtool).
- Now flashtool will load ftf file and you will see a log.
- After loading of ftf firmware file a popup will appear prompting you to connect your device to the PC in Flashmode.
- Now, turn off your device, and connect to your PC using the original data cable while keeping the Volume down key pressed. You should see the Green LED on your device. This is for flashmode, As soon as the phone is detected in Flashmode, the firmware will start flashing, Do not leave the Volume Down key until the process is complete.
- Flashing will take few minutes and you will see flashing done message in last of logs.
- Now Disconnect your device and restart it.
That’s it, Your Sony Xperia Z1 is successfully updated to Android 4.4.2. kitkat.