Android 4.4.1 KOT49E KitKat OTA Official Firmware is now live for the Google Nexus 5. Google’s latest Nexus flagship, the Nexus 5 was released in November 2013 carrying a True HD-IPS display running Quad-core 2.3 GHz Krait 400 chipset and Quad-core 2.3 GHz Krait 400 CPU, turns out to be one of the best and powerful devices of the year. In this guide we’ll show you how you can update your device to the new official updated firmware.The below mention guide is for Rooted and Non-Rooted Nexus 5. Not all of you might have got the update notifications yet and also no one can predict how much more time it would take to reach you, so why take chances and why be patient. We’ll guide you through the procedure, so just stick your back to your chair, have your PC in front of you, USB cable and your Nexus 5 in your hands. Remember, this is an official OTA software update by Google, not a custom ROM. This method will not void your Warranty (For Non Rooted Users). Before that do take the backup of your important data like sms, emails, Contacts, Pictures, Videos etc.
Before You Begin:
- Backup device storage, SMS, contacts, calenders and other stuff (This procedure won’t wipe any of your present data on the phone, but we prefer to be at a safe side, always)
- Enable USB Debugging in your Nexus 5. Read guide here how to enable USB Debugging in Android devices.
- Make sure your Nexus 5 is charged al least 60%.
- Download & Install Latest Nexus 5 drivers in your PC.
Download Required Files:
How To Update Nexus 5:
- Please follow all steps given above before you begin to next steps.
- Download the Nexus 5 Android 4.4.1 update file in your PC or Device and rename the update file to update.zip.
- Now connect your phone to the PC with USB cable and move the rename zip file update.zip to your SD card. Make sure the file is in the root folder.
- Now turn off your device and boot it in Bootloader mode.To do this Press and hold the Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons till you see the Fastboot menu.
- Follow the navigation instructions on the screen. Press Volume Up button several times till you see RECOVERY and press Power button to select it. You will get an exclamation mark now. Again hold your Volume Up + Power buttons. You should now see the Recovery Mode menu.
- Now you are in Recovery mode. From the recovery menu click on the update from sd card option. Now select the update.zip file confirm selection with Power button and install Android 4.4.1 update in your device.
- After completion of update, your device will reboot automatically or select reboot system now from recovery menu.
- First boot will take more time. Be patient …
Congrats!!! Your device is successfully updated.If you want to Root & Install Custom Recovery after update Click Here.
If you want to Root your device with easy method Click Here.