Google has just released the Android N Preview 2 for the Nexus series of smartphones. In this article, we’ll guide you about how to update your LG Nexus 5X to latest Android N Preview with the easiest method. The guide is very simple and easy to understand, just follow the step-by-step guide mentioned below and you’ll enjoy Android N Developer Preview in your Nexus smartphone in no time.
Before Your Begin:
- This method is only for LG Nexus 5X only.
- Download and Install USB Drivers for your Nexus devices from here.
- Enable USB Debugging in your device. Click Here if you don’t know how to enable USB Debugging.
- Create a backup of all your important data and contacts.
- Unlock Bootloader of your LG Nexus 5X.
Download Required Files:
How to Install Android N on LG Nexus 5X:
- First of all follow all the steps given above properly.
- Download and extract ADB & Fastboot zip file in a folder.
- Now download and extract the Factory image, now go to _NPC56K_ folder and copy/paste all its in folder where ADB and Fastboot files are extracted by you. You will get following files after extracting :
- bootloader image
- radio image
- Boot your Nexus device in bootloader mode now. Power off your device and then press and hold volume Down + power button until you boot into bootloader mode.
- Connect your device to PC with USB Cable (Make sure your device is connected properly and USB Drivers are installed).
- Run the flash-all.bat (For Windows)/flash-all.sh (For Linux and MAC) script depending on your desktop OS.
- Now just sit back and let the script do his work. After completion of process your device will automatically reboot.
- First reboot may take while (5-10 minutes) so don’t get panic.
That’s it!! Your LG Nexus 5X device is successfully updated to Android N Developer Preview.