Update LG G Pad GPE To Android 5.0 Lollipop
Find out How to Install/Flash Android 5.0 Lollipop in your LG G Pad Google Play Edition with easy method and step by step instructions. In this method we will flash the Android 5.0 Lollipop ROM inLG G Pad Google Play Edition . LG G Pad is one of the few lucky devices to taste Android Lollipop till now. We will use ADB/Fastboot method for flashing the rom zip file in LG G Pad.
- There are certain risks of damaging your Android Smartphone while Rooting/Installing Custom/Stock ROM in it. Hence, it is recommended that you proceed at your own risk and we are not to be held responsible even if your Smartphone gets damaged during or after completing the Rooting/Custom/Stock ROM installation process.
Before Your Begin:
- This method is only for LG G Pad Google Play Edition only.
- You need to setup ADB Drivers in your PC. Click Here / Mirror to download the ADB Installer. Just download and run it in your Windows based PC/Laptop as Administrator and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Download and Install USB Drivers for your LG G Pad from here.
- Enable USB Debugging in your device. Click Here if you don’t know how to enable USB Debugging.
- Create a backup of all your important data and contacts.
Download Required Files:
- Stock ROM Factory Image : Click Here (3e00c98ade9ceb594409c8e038739d3e4f3cd1c3.signed-KTU84P.L002_user-LRX21P.L004_user_update.zip)
Update LG G Pad To Lollipop:
- Follow all instructions given above carefully.
- Connect your device to PC with USB Cable (Make sure USB Drivers are installed and USB Debugging is enabled).
- Download and extract ADB & Fastboot files in a folder.
- Download Stock ROM file and rename it to update.zip from 3e00c98ade9ceb594409c8e038739d3e4f3cd1c3.signed-KTU84P.L002_user-LRX21P.L004_user_update.zip
- Move the update.zip file to folder where ADB & Fastboot files are extracted.
- After moving update.zip file in folder, On an empty space inside the folder, press the SHIFT key and Right-click.
- A pop-up menu will appear, select Open command window here.
- Type adb devices and press enter in CMD to confirm that your device is successfully connected.
- Type the command to reboot your device into Stock Recovery mode: [highlight ]adb reboot recovery[/highlight]An Android logo with an exclamation mark will appear, press the Volume Up andPower buttons and release them quickly. Your Pad will reboot into Stock Recovery mode, displaying Android system recovery <3e> text on the top.
- Use the Volume keys to highlight Apply Update from ADB and select it using the Power key.
- type this command to start the update process:[highlight ]adb sideload update.zip[/highlight]
- The update process will take some time, Once done, highlight and select Reboot system now using the Power button.
- If you experience lags or hiccups, make a Factory Reset and everything will be fine.
That’s it!! Your LG G Pad GPE is successfully updated to Android 5.0 Lollipop.