Learn How To Update Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 (Wifi Only) To Android Lollipop via CyanogenMod Custom ROM with easy method and step by step instructions. The Galaxy Tab S 8.4 was released in mid June of 2014 and still didn’t got any Lollipop update from Samsung. But CynogenMod developer made CM12 Custom ROM for Galaxy Tab S 8.4 based on Android Lollipop.
Below are some warning statements that you must be knowing before preparing to Root or Install Custom Rom in your Android Smartphone:
- Rooting/Installing Custom ROM is not an authorized process hence you’ll be losing all your warranty benefits over your after Rooting/Installing it.
- There are certain risks of damaging your Android Smartphone while Rooting/Installing Custom ROM in it. Hence, it is recommended that you proceed at your own risk and we are not to be held responsible even if your Smartphone gets damaged during or after completing the Rooting/Custom ROM installation process.
- You might not receive any future official software or firmware updates after rooting and installing Custom ROM in your .
Before Your Begin:
- This method is only for Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 (Wifi Only).
- You have to root your device first and install Custom Recovery in your device (Important)
- Make sure your device is charged at least 60%.
- Create a backup of all your important data.
Download Required Files:
How To Update Your Device:
- Follow all the steps given above for safe installation.
- Download Custom ROM and GApps zip files and transfer them into your SD card.
- Make sure your device is rooted and Custom Recovery is installed.
- Now boot your device into Recovery Mode using the Volume UP+Power+Home buttons.
- Wipe all your data and cache in Recovery Mode.
- Select Custom ROM zip file and flash it.
- After flashing Custom ROM, select GApps zip file and flash it too.
- Now after flashing both files, restart your device.
- First boot will take few minutes.
That’s it!!! Enjoy Android 5.0 Lollipop in your Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 (Wifi Only) 🙂