How to Update Asus Nexus 7 to Android 4.4.1 KOT49E KitKat OTA Official Firmware
Android 4.4.1 KOT49E KitKat OTA Official Firmware is now live for the Google Nexus 7. Android 4.4.1 kitkat update is available for Nexus 5and Nexus 4 also. Nexus 7 is built by ASUS and comes with a NVIDIA® Tegra® 3 quad-core processor so everything is faster – pages load quickly, gameplay is smooth and responsive, and running multiple apps is a breeze. Patented 4-PLUS-1™ design gives you processing power when you need it, and battery saving efficiency when you don’t. Nexus 7 was designed with gaming in mind. With heart pounding quad-core performance, a vibrant 1280-by-800 high-resolution display, and sensors like a gyroscope and accelerometer.
Before You Begin:
- Backup device storage, SMS, contacts, calenders and other stuff (This procedure won’t wipe any of your present data on the phone, but we prefer to be at a safe side, always)
- Enable USB Debugging in your Nexus 7. Read guide here how to enable USB Debugging in Android devices.
- Make sure your Nexus 7 is charged al least 60%.
- Download & Install Latest Nexus 7 drivers in your PC.
Download Required Files:
How To Update Nexus 7:
- Please follow all steps given above before you begin to next steps.
- Download the Nexus 7 Android 4.4.1 update file in your PC or Device and rename the update file to update.zip.
- Now connect your phone to the PC with USB cable and move the rename zip file update.zip to your SD card. Make sure the file is in the root folder.
- Now turn off your device and boot it in Bootloader mode.To do this Press and hold the Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons till you see the Fastboot menu.
- Follow the navigation instructions on the screen. Press Volume Up button several times till you see RECOVERY and press Power button to select it. You will get an exclamation mark now. Again hold your Volume Up + Power buttons. You should now see the Recovery Mode menu.
- Now you are in Recovery mode. From the recovery menu click on the update from sd card option. Now select the update.zip file confirm selection with Power button and install Android 4.4.1 update in your device.
- After completion of update, your device will reboot automatically or select reboot system now from recovery menu.
- First boot will take more time. Be patient …
Congrats!!! your device is successfully updated to Android 4.4.1 kitkat.. 🙂