How To Update Android 4.4.2 Kitkat On Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500
Today, we will show you How To Update Android 4.4.2 Kitkat On Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 with the easiest method and step by step instructions. Samsung Galaxy S4 got Android 4.4.2 kitkat update via OTA in Russia. The firmware is also available on internet now and can flashed in any Galaxy S4 with Odin flash tool. Samsung Galaxy S4 is one of the most popular smartphone of 2013. It has a 5-inch fulll HD (1920 x 1080) Super AMOLED display with pixel density of 441 ppi. The device has a excellent 13 MP rear camera with LED flash and full HD video recording support and also a 2 MP front facing camera capable to record full HD videos at 30fps. The device come with all latest connectivity features like 4G LTE, Wifi with dual band, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC and MHL 2.0. The device is packed with Exynos 5 octa-core processor with PowerVR SGX 544MP3 GPU. The device run with Touchwiz UI on the top of Android 4.2.2 or 4.3 Jellybean.
Before You Begin:
- You need a Windows based PC or Laptop.
- This stock rom is only for Samsung Galaxy S4.
- Download Samsung USB Drivers Here and connect your device with PC for complete the installation.
- Enable USB Debugging in your Samsung Galaxy S4.Click Here if you don’t know how to enable.
- Your device must be charged 50% minimum.
- Make backup of device data for safety.
Device Model: Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500
Firmware Version: Android 4.4.2 KitKat
Build date: 13 February, 2014
Product Code: SER
Download Required Files:
How To Update Samsung Galaxy S4:
- Download both Odin & Firmware Package (According To Model No.) in your PC.
- Extract both Odin & Firmware Package in your PC.
- Now Turn off your device completely.
- Boot your device in Download mode , Press & Hold Volume Down + Home Button + Power Button.You will see a Android logo now press the listed button to enter in Download Mode.
- Now launch the Odin .exe file and connect your device to PC with USB cable.
- Wait for Odin to detect your device.ID:COM box in Odin turn Yellow after detecting.(Make sure the drivers is installed).
- Now select files as per below instructions to install Android 4.4.2 kitkat on Samsung Galaxy S4.
- If only one file is available in the Stock Firmware zip package of .tar.md5 extension. Then click on PDA button (If PDA Button is not given Select AP button) in Odin and select file that file.
- Only check Auto Reboot & F.Reset option, don’t tick any other option.
- Now click on Start button in Odin to start the installation process.It take few minutes to finish.
- You will see a PASS message in Odin message box after successful installation.
- Your device reboot automatically.First boot can take few minutes.
Congrats!!! Your Samsung Galaxy S4 is successfully updated now..