How To Unlock Bootloader On HTC Butterfly S (Easiest Method)
The first Butterfly was somewhat of a wasted opportunity for HTC, the limited reach and high asking price preventing the 5″ 1080p monster from becoming a global winner. Back then the company was merely trying to build up hype ahead of the launch of the HTC One and, had the Butterfly not been plagued by production issues, the strategy might have worked splendidly. Instead, the Taiwanese ended up losing sales to Sony, who delivered the Xperia Z ahead of the One, and Samsung who handled the Galaxy S4’s supply and marketing better.But people like HTC for their design and build quality and yes it is good in it.HTC also provide official bootloader unlocking for HTC Butterfly S.
How To Unlock Bootloader On HTC Butterfly S
Before You Begin:
- This method is tested on HTC Butterfly S only.
- You need a Windows based PC or Laptop.
- Download HTC Butterfly S USB Drivers and Install them correctly.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device.Click Here if you don’t know how to enable USB Debugging.
- Make a backup of your device data.
- Make sure your device is charged at least 70%.
How To Unlock Bootloader On HTC Butterfly S:
- Install Android SDK and setup ADB/Fastboot drivers from Here.
- After Install and setup of ADB/Fastboot ,Open the HTCDev site and register their and activate your account.
- Visit to the Official Unlock Bootloader Page.
- Choose your device modal and click on Begin Unlock Bootloader.
- Click on Yes and agree with their terms & conditions.
- When your device is turned on Press & Hold the Volume Down Button and then Power Button.Wait the screen to be totally turn off.Release the Power Button but keep holding the Volume Down Button.
- Navigate with the Volume button and select Fastboot with Power Button.
- Now connect your device to PC with USB Cable.
- Now goto Search in Start Menu and type cmd in your windows based PC.
- Launch the CMD in your PC and type cd c:\fastboot and hit enter.
- Now type fastboot oem get_identifier_token and hit enter.
- Now copy the identifier token from CMD and paste it into the box in HTCDev website and click on submit.
- You will receive and email from HTCDev site with a attached file.
- Download the attached file and paste it in C:\fastboot folder.
- Now In CMD type fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
- Now check your device Press Volume Up to accept and Press Power Button to Unlock Bootloader.
- Your device bootloader is unlocked successfully.