You can now get a Sony Xperia SP as it is available in most countries. As compare to flagship Xperia Z or ZR, Sony Xperia SP is considered the mid range smartphone with 1.7GHz dual core processor, 1GB RAM. With this specification, Android 4.1 Jelly Bean can be running smoothly on your device but yet you can still make it better a device for gaming or entertainment. In our previous tutorial, we has shown you the guide on rooting Sony Xperia SP. It is quite an easy tutorial which require only a few command code on your computer. And today, we are going to teach you how to install ClockWorkMod recovery on your device. It is as simple as the previous tutorial. Before we starts, make sure your device have unlocked bootloader and root access.BY EditAndroid
1. Before You Begin:
- Only for Sony Xperia SP with Unlocked Bootloader.
- Windows-based computer or laptop
- Download Sony Xperia SP USB driver for Windows and install in your computer.
- Skip this step if you have installed the Sony PC Companion.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device.
- Make sure your phone is charged to 60% 80% to avoid battery blackout and interruption during this tutorial.
- We recommend you make a backup on your data and media files before the tutorial.
2. Downloading Required Files:
- Kernel (kernel_en.elf, 14 mb)
3. Install Recovery in the Sony Xperia SP:
- Unlock Sony Xperia SP bootloader. Proceed to official Sony website and unlock your device.
- Proceed after you have successfully unlocked the bootloader.
- Setup fastboot in your computer if you do not have it. (How to setup ADB and Fastboot driver with Android SDK). Skip if you have done in Step 1.
- Once you have completed the setup, copy adb.exe, AdbWinApi.dll from C:\\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools and fastboot.exe in C:\\android-sdk-windows\tools to a new folder at the desktop, renamed it as fastboot.
- Download kernel_en.elf to the fastboot folder. Rename kernel_en.elf to kernel.elf.
- Power off your device completely.
- Enter Fastboot Mode by connecting your device to the computer via micro USB cable while pressing Volume Up button.
- In computer, open Command Prompt windows. (To Open Command Prompt –>Windows Logo–> Type CMD in search box –>Enter)
- Type cd C:\fastboot in the command prompt windows to navigate to your fastboot folder.
- Type fastboot flash boot kernel.elf to flash the kernel file to your device.
- Press and hold Power button to turn off your device.
- Your device is now installed with ClockWorkMod recovery. We recommend to perform NANDROID backup with CWM.