The Huawei Honor 9 is the latest and most updated smartphone from the Chinese manufacturer Huawei. The Honor 9 is a complete package of latest software and hardware combination. The smartphone come packed with 5.1-inch Full HD display protected by Gorilla Glass 3, an Octa-core processor with 4GB/6 GB RAM and 64GB/128GB internal storage option, A dual 20 MP and 12 MP rear camera and 8 MP front facing camera. And all this running with Android 7.0 nougat. But if you’re here, then you are not here to read about the specifications and features the device offers but you’re more interested in unlocking the more possibilities the device can offer you. So, In this guide, you’ll learn how to unlock the bootloader in Huawei Honor 9 with the simplest method possible. Once your Huawei Honor 9 is unlocked, you’ll be able to root it or flash custom recoveries and roms available.
- Unlocking, Rooting and Flashing Custom Recovery/ROMs can brick your phone.
- It’ll also void the device’s warranty.
- We are not responsible for any damage in any case.
Before You Begin
- Download and install ADB & Fastboot drivers from here.
- Download and install Huawei Honor 9 USB drivers in your PC from here.
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock option in your device. Go to Settings> About Phone> Software info, then find Build number and tap on it repeatedly until you see a message that says “You are now a developer.” Now go back to main Settings, and you will now see Developer mode towards the bottom. Tap on Developer mode and find OEM Unlock and USB Debugging. Enable them both.
- Create a backup of all your data and contacts, Because unlocking the bootloader will erase the internal storage of your device.
- Make sure your device is fully charged.
How To Unlock Bootloader In Huawei Honor 9
- First of all you’ll need an Huawei ID, If you already don’t have one, Click Here to create one.
- Once you have your Huawei ID, fill out all details on this page. You’ll need the IMEI number of your Honor 9 to know that dial * # * # 1357946 # * # * on the dialer app. Fill the required fields and click the Submit button.
- Once done, you’ll receive an unlock code for your device, save it.
- Now go to this ADB & Fastboot installation folder, press and hold the SHIFT key and press the right mouse click on an empty space and the select the “Open command window here” from the options shown in the right-click menu.
- Now a command window will appear on your screen.
- Connect your Honor 9 to PC using the USB cable (Make sure the USB drivers are installed and USB Debugging is enabled).
- Now, In the Command Window type the following command to boot your device into the Fastboot mode.
[alert-announce]adb reboot bootloader[/alert-announce]
- Once your device boot into the Fastboot mode, type the following command and hit enter. Replace the unlock key with the key you received earlier. For Example : fastboot oem unlock 44801904392841
[alert-announce]fastboot oem unlock unlock key[/alert-announce]
- Once the unlocking process is done, type the following command to reboot your device to normal.
That’s it!! Your Bootloader is successfully unlocked on your Huawei Honor 9 with the easiest method available.