How To Setup ADB/Fastboot Drivers For Android Devices
So most people won’t have to use ADB (Android Debug Bridge) ever, but if you want to learn how or want to get a little more technical with your Android phone, here’s how to get it set up.
How To Setup:
- Download Android SDK Tools Only for Windows from Android Development page.
- Download Java SE Development Kit 7 (JDK) – Select Windows x86 bits version although your PC is x64.
- Run and install java SE Development Kit 7 executable installation file.
- Leave all the selections as default and proceed to complete installation.
- Run and install Android SDK Tools executable installation file.
- Leave all the selections as default and proceed..Select Start SDK Manager and press finish.
- In Android SDK Manager, select both Android SDK Platform-tools and Google USB driver to install.
- Press Install 2 packages, choose Accept and press Install.
- Let’s the download to run, a log file will appear once installation is complete.
- You have now ABD and fastboot driver installed in your PC computer.
- To test it out, connect your android devices to computer.
- Computer will auto detect and install necessary USB drivers.
- Complete and enjoy.
How To Setup ADB/Fastboot:
- Complete ADB and fastboot driver installation with above tutorial.
- Copy adb.exe, AdbWinApi.dll from C:\\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools and fastboot.exe in C:\\android-sdk-windows\tools to C:\Fastboot. (Create C:\\fastboot folder if you do not have it)
- You should see adb.exe, AdbWinApi.dll and fastboot.exe in C:\Fastboot folder.
- Copy an image file (*.img) into the root of the folder C:\Fastboot.
- Goto Windows Start button –> Type cmd in the Search programs and files box.
- Type cd C:\fastboot in the command prompt windows.
- Boot your devices into bootloader/download mode/fastboot mode.
- Connect your devices to computer.
- Now enter the command you want to enter.