(Safe Method) How To Root Samsung Galaxy S8
Samsung launched its latest S series smartphone the Galaxy S8 in April, 2017 and it has become one of the most popular smartphone of the year. As usual the S series smartphones from Samsung are the high-end smartphones packed with latest hardware and specifications. Features like a 5.8-inch display with 1440 x 2960 resolution protected by latest Gorilla Glass 5, latest Android 7.0 Nougat packed with its Octa-core processor and 4 GB RAM, Iris Scanner and a 12 MP primary camera with 4K video recording support. All this power is useless if there are limits in the uses. Samsung smartphones are usually packed with many unwanted softwares and limits many things. In this guide, you will learn how to gain root access on Samsung Galaxy S8 using the Odin flash tool and CF-AutoRoot. This guide is really simple and easy. Just follow the given instructions step-by-step and don’t skip anything.
- This method is only for Samsung Galaxy S8, SM-G950F, SM-G950U, SM-G950N, SM-G950W don’t try it on any other smartphone or model.
- Rooting, Unlocking and Flashing can soft brick your device. We’re not responsible for anything in any case. Please understand what you are doing before you choose to proceed further.
Before You Begin
- You’ll need an Windows based Computer system or Laptop.
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock option in your device. Go to Settings> About Phone> Software info, then find Build number and tap on it repeatedly until you see a message that says “You are now a developer.” Now go back to main Settings, and you will now see Developer mode towards the bottom. Tap on Developer mode and find OEM Unlock and USB Debugging. Enable them both.
- Make sure your device is fully charged.
- Download and Install the Samsung Galaxy S8 USB Drivers in your PC/Laptop.
- Download the ChainFire’s CF-AutoRoot according to your device’s model number. Go to Settings > About Device to check your device’s model number.
Download Required Files
How To Root Samsung Galaxy S8
- First of all make sure you haven’t skipped any of the step written above and follow all the instructions carefully.
- Create an backup of your device, install USB drivers and download all the required files.
- Download Odin Flash Tool zip file and unzip it in a folder on your PC/Laptop’s desktop.
- Download the CF-Autoroot zip file according to your device’s model number and extract its files in the same folder where you unzipped the Odin Flash Tool files.
- Now turn off your device, and enter your device in Download mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Bixby buttons and then press the Power button until you see an Android robot sign and then press the Volume Up button to confirm it.
- Open the Odin Flash tool folder and launch the Odin .exe file in your computer and once the program is launched, connect your device to PC using the USB cable. Once connected successfully you’ll see an message in Odin saying Added!! (If it doesn’t happen try another USB port and if that doesn’t help re-install the USB drivers in your PC and try again).
- In ODIN flash tool, click on the AP / PDA button and select the extracted CF-Auto-Root .tar.md5 file which your downloaded earlier and extracted in the same folder.
- Make sure that Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time are selected, click on the Start button in Odin to initiate the root process in your device.
- Once the Rooting process is complete, you’ll see an PASS!! message in the Odin.
- Your device will restart, once the restart is successful, disconnect your device from PC.
That’s it!! Your Samsung Galaxy S8 is rooted now.