How To Root And Unroot Xiaomi Mi 5 Without PC
Smartphone sales of Xiaomi is booming right now and beating all the major smartphone companies. The company came into existence in 2010 and now its the third largest smartphone vendor in the world behind Apple and Samsung and also its the largest smartphone vendor in China. The Mi series of Xiaomi is the most popular, the smartphone manufacturer just launched the next generation Mi series smartphones. The Mi 5 is available in the market now, and many of the smartphone users are ready to try something different with this phone. But to try something different first you’ll have to root it, in this article we’ll show you how to root your Xiaomi Mi 5 and also how to unroot it if you change your mind later.
Before You Begin
- This method is only for Xiaomi Mi 5. Don’t try these steps on any other smartphone.
- Make sure your device is at least 50% charged before you start the rooting process.
- Make a backup of all your important data. Don’t worry this method will not wipe any of your data but just for the safety create a backup.
- Enable USB Debugging in your smartphone from developer options.
- Enable “unknown sources” from security settings.
Download Required Files
- Kingroot app from here.
How To Root Xiaomi Mi 5 without PC
- Don’t skip any of the step mentioned above for safe rooting.
- Download and install the kingroot app in your Xiaomi Mi 5.
- Now open the Kingroot app and you’ll see a big circle in it.
- Click on the big circle and wait for the process to complete.
- After the process is done, you’ll see a white tick in a big green circle, which means your Xiaomi Mi 5 is successfully rooted now.
- Reboot your smartphone and that’s it.
Congratulations, your Xiaomi Mi 5 is successfully root now without any PC or Laptop.
How To Unroot Xiaomi Mi 5 without PC
Now if you want to unroot your Xiaomi Mi 5, follow these simple steps
- Download the universal unroot app from play store and install it in your smartphone.
- Open the app in your smartphone and give it full root access and then click on the “Full Unroot”.
That’s it, your Xiaomi Mi 5 is successfully unrooted now.