Finally Samsung released official Marshmallow update for its popular Note series smartphones. Devices like the Note 5, S6 and S6 Edge are also receiving the OS update. The update is rolled out via OTA and you’ll have to go back to the stock condition of your device to update it using the OTA. But you can also update your device by flashing the firmware using Odin flash tool. In both ways you’re going to lose root access in your smartphone and that’s what this article is all about, regaining the root access in Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4 running onn Marshmallow 6.0.1.
Before You Begin
- This guide is only for Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910P. Don’t try this guide on any other smartphone.
- Charge your device’s battery at least 50% for safe rooting process.
- You’ll need a Windows based PC or Laptop for this process.
- Download and install USB drivers in your PC or Laptop.
- Enable USB Debugging in your smartphone.
- Create a backup of all your important data. Rooting doesn’t format your device but still we recommend you create backup first.
- Enable OEM Unlock on your device from the Developer options in Settings.
How To Root Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910P
- Make sure you didn’t skip any of the steps mentioned above for safe rooting process.
- Download CF-Auto-Root.zip file in your PC and extract it in a empty folder.
- Now open Odin3 v3.10.6.exe in your PC and an Odin tool window will appear.
- Now turn off your device and boot it into Download Mode. By pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power buttons simultaneously for few seconds. You’ll see a warning on your device’s screen, press Volume Up to continue and you’re in Download Mode now.
- Now connect your device to PC using data cable (Make sure USB drivers are already installed in your PC). After connecting your device to PC, you’ll see an Added!! message in log of Odin and a blue button (In the ID:COM section).
- Press AP button in Odin flash tool, a browsing window will open. Now navigate to the extracted files of CF-Auto-Root.zip and select the CF-Auto-Root-xxxxxxxxxx.tar.md5 file.
- Now press the Start button on Odin and wait for the rooting process to complete. Your smartphone will automatically reboot after that.
Congratulations!! Your Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910P running on official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update is rooted now.