How To Root Sprint Galaxy S4 on Android 4.4.2 Kitkat Update
Android 4.4.2 Kitkat update is available for Sprint Galaxy S4 . But after updating your device to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat root access will remove. In this article you will find out how to get back root access in your device. The steps are very easy and clear but you have to follow it step by step.
If your device is not updated to Android 4.4.2 Click Here to update.
Some Benefits Of Rooting :
- Free up storage space by removing apps and services that were preinstalled by your carrier/manufacturer from your device.
- Increase battery life (apps that might have been running constantly can be removed).
- Increase performance with Tweaks & Mods available for device.
- Update to a new version of Android with Custom ROMs.
- You can flash Tons of Custom ROMs after rooting and flashing Custom Recovery for better performance and looks.
Below are some warning statements that you must be knowing before preparing to Root or Install Custom Rom in your Android Smartphone/Tablet:
- Rooting/Installing Custom ROM is not an authorized process hence you’ll be losing all your warranty benefits over your Android Smartphone after Rooting/Installing it.
- There are certain risks of damaging your Android Smartphone/Tablets while Rooting/Installing Custom ROM in it. Hence, it is recommended that you proceed at your own risk and we are not to be held responsible even if your Smartphone gets damaged during or after completing the Rooting/Custom ROM installation process.
- You might not receive any future official software or firmware updates after rooting and installing Custom ROM in your Android Smartphone.
Before You Begin:
- You need a Windows based PC or Laptop.
- This method is working and tested on Sprint Galaxy S4 SPH-L720 only.
- Download Samsung USB Drivers Here and connect your device with PC for complete the installation.
- Enable USB Debugging in your Sprint Galaxy S4 SPH-L720.Click Here if you don’t know how to enable.
- Your device must be charged 50% minimum.
- Make backup of device data for safety.
Download Required Files:
How To Root Sprint Galaxy S4 SPH-L720:
- Download both Odin & CF-Auto-Root zip files.
- Extract Odin flash tool on your desktop
- Now Turn off your device completely.
- Boot your device in Download mode , Press & Hold Volume Down + Home Button + Power Button at same time.
- Now launch the Odin .exe file and connect your device to PC with USB cable.
- Wait for Odin to detect your device.ID:COM box in Odin turn Yellow after detecting.(Make sure the drivers is installed).
- Click on PDA button in Odin and select the CF-Auto-Root zip file.
- Only check Auto Reboot & F.Reset option, don’t tick any other option.
- Now click on Start button in Odin to start the installation process.It take few minutes to finish.
- You will see a PASS message in Odin message box after successful installation.
- Your device reboot automatically.
Congrats!!! Your device is rooted successfully..