How To Root Samsung Galaxy J3 And Install TWRP Recovery
In this tutorial, we’ll guide you about how to root the Samsung Galaxy J3 and flash TWRP custom recovery in it using Odin Flash Tool. The Samsung Galaxy J3 is a low-end Android smartphone from Samsung to compete against local smartphone companies. The device come packed with a 5-inch HD display, a 8 MP primary camera with full HD video recording support, Spreadtrum SC9830 Chipset with 1.5 GHz quad-core processor and 1.5 GB RAM.
Before You Begin
- This guide is only for the Samsung Galaxy J3. Please don’t try this on any other smartphone.
- Rooting will void your device’s warranty.
- Make sure your device is full charged.
- Create a backup of all your important data.
- Enable “USB Debugging” and “OEM Unlock” from developer options in your device (Click Here if you’re not able to find Developer Options in your device’s settings).
- Download and Install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy J3 in your PC or Laptop.
- TWRP Recovery
- Download SuperSu and move it into your device’s sdcard.
- Odin Flash Tool (Download Odin v3.10)
How To Install TWRP Recovery And Root Samsung Galaxy J3
- Follow all the instruction written above carefully.
- Download all the required files, install USB drivers in your PC.
- Extract the Odin v3.10 zip file in a empty folder of your PC.
- Now run the Odin v3.10.exe file from the folder where you extracted the files in previous step.
- Connect your device to PC using data cable.
- Now boot your device into Download mode, turn off your phone and press and hold the ‘Home + Volume Down + Power’ buttons together until you enter in the download mode.
- Once your device is successfully connected, you’ll see ID:COM box in Odin will turn blue and an Added!! message will appear in the log box of Odin.
- Now click on the AP button in Odin and locate and add the twrp-3.0.0-xxx.img.tar file.
- Click on the Start button in Odin to start the flashing process. The whole flashing process will not take more than a minute. Once its successfully done your device will automatically reboot, you’ll see a PASS!! message in Odin log box and in ID:COM box.
- Now boot your device into Recovery mode, turn off your device then press and hold ‘Home + Volume Up + Power‘ buttons for few seconds.
- In TWRP Recovery, tap on the Install button, select the SuperSU.zip file. TWRP will ask for confirmation, Swipe to confirm the process and it’ll flash the SuperSU in your device.
- After flashing SuperSU, reboot your device.
That’s it, this is the whole guide to gain root access in your Samsung Galaxy J3 and install TWRP Custom Recovery in it.