Root Nexus 7 2012 (Wifi) On Android 5.0 Lollipop
Find out How To Root Asus Nexus 7 2012 (Wifi) running on Android 5.0 Lollipop with easy method and step by step instructions with CF-Autoroot Package. The Nexus device are very popular because of their high-end specs in affordable price. But there is an another thing which make Nexus device better than other smartphones, it the updates. Nexus device get Android updates quicker then any other smartphone out there. Nexus device got Android Kitkat and Lollipop updates faster than others. In this article you will find out how to root your Nexus device after updating it to Android 5.0 Lollipop.
Below are some warning statements that you must be knowing before preparing to Root or Install Custom Rom/Recovery in your Android Smartphone/Tablet:
- Rooting/Installing Custom ROM/Recovery is not an authorized process hence you’ll be losing all your warranty benefits over your Android Smartphone after Rooting/Installing it.
- There are certain risks of damaging your Android Smartphone/Tablets while Rooting/Installing Custom ROM/Recovery in it. Hence, it is recommended that you proceed at your own risk and we are not to be held responsible even if your Smartphone gets damaged during or after completing the Rooting/Custom ROM/Recovery installation process.
- You might not receive any future official software or firmware updates after rooting and installing Custom ROM/Recovery in your Android Smartphone.
Before You Begin:
- You need a Windows based PC or Laptop.
- This method is for Nexus 7 with unlocked bootloader. If your device’s bootloader is locked, this method will also unlock it but it will wipe all your data.
- This method is working and tested on Nexus 7 updated to Lollipop only. If your device is not updated to Lollipop Click Here to update
- Download and Install Nexus USB Drivers.
- Enable USB Debugging in your Nexus.Click Here if you don’t know how to enable.
- Your device must be charged 50% minimum.
- Make backup of device data for safety.
Download Required Files:
How To Root Nexus 7:
- First of all follow all the instructions given above carefully.
- Download the CF-AutoRoot package in your PC and extract it, you’ll get following files :
- Turn off your Nexus device.
- Now boot your device into Bootloader mode, turn it back on by holding down the Volume Down + Power keys altogether. Release the keys when you enter the Bootloader Mode.
- Connect your device to PC with USB Cable (Make sure your device is connected properly and drivers are installed).
- Double click the root-windows.bat file. A command window will open up asking you to press a key to continue with unlocking the bootloader and rooting the device.
- You will see a red Android bot and root scripts running on your Nexus 7’s screen. Just wait until the device boots up.
That all!! Your Nexus 7 is rooted now.. All credit goes to Chainfire.