Google recently rolled out Android N Developer Preview for Nexus smartphones and large number of Nexus users are trying it. After updating to the Android N Developer Preview the Nexus will not have root access anymore and user will have to gain root access again. In this article, we’ll guide you about how flash/install TWRP custom recovery and root Huawei Nexus 6P running on Android N Developer Preview using the ADB and Fastboot tools.
Before You Begin
- This guide is only for Huawei Nexus 6P running on Android N Developer Preview.
- Download and Install USB Drivers for your Nexus smartphone from Here.
- Make sure your device is at least 60% charged.
- Create backup of all your important data, contacts and documents.
- Bootloader of your Nexus smartphone must be unlocked. Follow our guide to unlock bootloader, if its not already unlocked.
- Enable USB Debugging in your Nexus smartphone.
How to Root Nexus 6P running on Android N Developer Preview
- Download and install Android SDK in your PC, open Android SDK and install platform-tools and USB drivers package in SDK.
- Download TWRP recovery and move it to the android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory in C drive.
- Download and extract the Fastboot files also in the android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory.
- Download and move the SuperSU zip file to your smartphone’s internal storage.
- Now connect the Nexus 6P to your PC using USB cable.
- Turn off your Nexus smartphone, power on your Nexus while pressing and holding Volume Down + Power keys to boot it into Bootloader mode.
- Now open the android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory, Shift + Right-click on empty space in the folder and select Open Command Prompt.
- In Command Prompt, type the following command :
fastboot flash recovery twrp-184.108.40.206-angler.img
- Once recovery is flashed, enter recovery mode by choosing Recovery from the Fastboot menu.
- Now tap on Install and select the SuperSU zip file from the internal storage of your device.
- Swipe the slide to confirm the SuperSU flashing and the process will start.
- The rooting process will take less than a minute, once done reboot your device to system.
That’s it!! TWRP Custom Recovery is flashed in your Huawei Nexus 6P running on Android N Developer Preview and is rooted now.