As the first smartphone developed entirely after Google’s purchase of Motorola, the Moto X arrives under the spotlight carrying great expectations. The smartphone is Motorola’s first multi-carrier, high-profile launch in the United States since the days when the RAZR was still a flip phone. More recently, the company’s devices mostly been Verizon exclusives in North America, but we are glad that’s not the case with its most recent flagship.With the Moto X, Motorola has taken a rather unorthodox approach towards designing a top-shelf Android smartphone. Instead of focusing solely on putting together the most powerful hardware available on the market, Motorola’s engineers have put more emphasis on ergonomics and software goodies. To top things off, the Motorola Moto X will be built in the United States with an unprecedented set of appearance customization options.
How To Root Motorola Moto X Running On Android 4.2.2 Jellybean All Credits To Rob43
Before You Begin:
- This method is tested & working on Motorola Moto X Only.
- Windows Based PC or Laptop
- Unlock Bootloader of Moto X : Click Here
- Download & Install Motorola Moto X USB Drivers in your PC , then connect you device to PC with USB cable and let him finish the USB drivers installation..
- Enable USB Debugging of your device.Click Here if you don’t know how to enable.
- Make a backup of your device’s data for safety.
- Make sure your device is charged 70% minimum.
Download Required Files:
- Rogers Moto X Pre-rooted Kernel (For Rogers)
- AT&T Moto X Pre-rooted Kernel (For AT&T)
How To Root Motorola Moto X:
- Unlock Bootloader of Motorola Moto X : Click Here
- Download and Extract fastboot folder from Fastboot+ADB zip file.
- Download the correct kernel for your device.
- Copy and paste the downloaded kernel boot img in Fastboot>Win32 folder.(Win32 folder is in the extracted fastboot folder).
- Now rename the ghost-boot-new.img (Rogers) or ghost-boot-att.img (AT&T))to kernel.img.
- Now boot your device in fastboot mode with your device turn on.Press and hold the Volume Down & Power Button , when the screen turn off leave the power button only and keep hold the Volume Down button.and wait for reboot.Check out this video : Click Here.
- Once your device enter in fastboot mode , Connect your moto x to PC with USB cable.
- Now open the Fastboot>Win32 folder and press & hold shift key and press right click of mouse while holding shift key.Now you see a new option in right click bar “Open command window here” click on it.
- A CMD window will appear on your desktop screen.
- Now type fastboot flash boot kernel.img in the cmd window to flash the kernel in your device.
- Press & hold power button to turn off your Motorola Moto X.
Congratss your device is rooted now 😀