Micromax is known for its budget smartphones with better specifications than other manufacturers. The Micromax YU Yuphoria is another smartphone in that line-up. The smartphone come packed with a 5-inch HD display, 8 MP rear camera with full HD video recording support, Snapdragon 410 chipset with 2 GB RAM and 16 GB internal storage. There is nothing bad about this smartphone in the price range its available and you can further improve it by flashing custom TWRP recovery and rooting it. This guide is very simple and easy to understand, you just need to follow the simple steps mentioned below one-by-one and that it.
Before You Begin
- This guide is only for the Micromax YU Yuphoria. Don’t try this on any other smartphone.
- You’ll need a Windows based PC or Laptop for this guide.
- Make sure your device is fully charged or at least 50%.
- Download and Install Universal Naked Driver in your PC.
- Backup all your important data, contacts and documents.
- Enable USB Debugging in your smartphone. Click Here if you don’t know how to enable USB Debugging.
Download Required Files
How to Unlock Bootloader of YU Yuphoria
- Extract the downloaded ADB & Fastboot files in a empty folder on your PC’s desktop.
- Connect your device to PC using USB cable (Make sure Universal Naked Drivers are installed in your PC).
- Now open the folder where you extracted the ADB & Fastboot files and press and hold Shift and right-clicking anywhere on the screen and selecting Open command window here.
- Type the following command in the command prompt and press Enter button :
adb reboot bootloader
- Your device will now reboot into bootloader mode.
- Once your device is in Bootloader mode, type the following command in prompt and hit enter :
fastboot -i 0x2A96 oem unlock
- Follow the on-screen instructions for unlocking the bootloder on your smartphone.
- Once the Bootloader is unlocked, type the following command to reboot your device :
fastboot -i 0x2A96 reboot
- Your smartphone should reboot now.
Bootloader of your Micromax YU Yuphoria is successfully unlocked now. In next step we’ll guide you about how to flash TWRP custom recovery in your smartphone.
How to Flash Custom Recovery on YU Yuphoria
- Follow all the steps mentioned in “Before You Begin” section.
- Open Settings > Developer Options > and turn off Update Cyanogen Recovery.
- Now connect your device to PC using USB cable.
- Download the TWRP Custom Recovery img file and move it in the same folder where you extracted the ADB & Fastboot files.
- Open the ADB & Fastboot folder and press and hold Shift and right-clicking anywhere on the screen and selecting Open command window here.
- Type the following command and hit enter to reboot your device into Bootloader mode :
adb reboot bootloader
- Now your device should reboot in Bootloader mode, type the following command in command prompt and hit enter to flash custom recovery in your device.
fastboot -i 0x2A9 flash recovery TWRP_v22.214.171.124_Yuphoria.img
- The process will take few seconds only. Once done, type the following command to reboot your device :
fastboot -i 0x2A9 reboot
That’s it! TWRP Custom Recovery is successfully installed in your device. In next step, we’ll guide you about how to root your YU Yuphoria.
How to Root Micromax YU Yuphoria
- After unlocking bootloader and flashing custom recovery, finally its time to root your device.
- Download and move the SuperSU zip file to the internal SD card storage of your smartphone.
- Turn off your device and turn back on by holding down Volume Down and Power buttons together.
- You’ll see some options on your device’s screen, choose Recovery and it’ll boot your device into Recovery mode.
- In the Recovery menu, tap on Install and navigate to internal SD storage of your device and select the SuperSU zip file.
- Swipe the slide to confirm that you want to flash SuperSU zip file in your device.
- Once the SuperSU zip file is flashed, reboot your device by choosing Reboot and then System.
- Your device should reboot now to normal mode.
Congratulations!!, Your Micromax YU Yuphoria is successfully rooted now.