How To Root LG Nexus 5 on Android 4.4.1 KOT49E KitKat CF-Auto-Root Method
Google Android 4.4.1. official update is available for Nexus 5 today. If you want to manually update your Nexus 5 follow the step by step instructions given here. You device will not be rooted after this update. Thats why, CF-Auto-Root is a very handy basic root tools for all especially for beginners. CF-Auto-Root for Nexus 5 will help you gain the root access with minimal changes on the ROM, as close to stock as possible. CF-Auto-Root supports Windows, Mac and Linux which is very useful and convenient for users with different OS platform. Great thanks again to Chainfire. Hence, in this tutorial, we will use CF-Auto-Root to root Nexus 5 running Android 4.4 Kit Kat. This root method is easy and simple to use. YourNexus 5 can be rooted within 2 minutes with correct steps. It has been proven working. For your information, CF-Auto-Root will not install any custom recovery for you.You have to manual install CWM custom recovery from here.
Below are some warning statements that you must be knowing before preparing to Root or Install Custom Rom in your Nexus 5 Android Smartphone:
- Rooting/Installing Custom ROM is not an authorized process hence you’ll be losing all your warranty benefits over your Nexus 5 after Rooting/Installing it.
- There are certain risks of damaging your Android Smartphone while Rooting/Installing Custom ROM in it. Hence, it is recommended that you proceed at your own risk and we are not to be held responsible even if your Smartphone gets damaged during or after completing the Rooting/Custom ROM installation process.
- You might not receive any future official software or firmware updates after rooting and installing Custom ROM in your Nexus 5.
Before You Begin:
- You need a Windows Based PC or Laptop.
- This method is tested on Nexus 5 with Android 4.4.1 Kitkat only.Update to Android 4.4.1 from here.
- Download Nexus 5 USB Drivers from Here
- Enable USB Debugging in your device.Click Here if you don’t know how to enable.
- Charge your device 70% minimum.
- Make a backup of your device’s data for safety.
Download Required Files:
- CF Autoroot For Nexus 5 (Thanks to Chainfire)
How To Root Nexus 5:
- Download & Extract CF-Auto-Root.zip into a folder in computer.
- Turn Off your device completely .
- Boot up your device into Bootloader Mode by press and hold the Volume Up, Volume Down and Power button until Fastboot menu appear.
- Connect your device to computer.You should see Windows to install USB driver,complete the installation process before proceed.
- Open the CF-Autoroot extracted folder and launch root-windows.bat file (For WINDOWS PC).
- Read and understand the instructions. First is to unlock bootloader (optional if you have unlockedbootloader) and follow by root.
- Press any key to continue.
- Check on both computer and device screen.
- You should see a red Android logo during rooting. Wait device to reboot.
Congratss…. your Nexus 5 is rooted now IF you want to install custom recovery Click Here