How To Root LG G2 On Latest OTA Update (Verizon,AT&T,Sprint,T-Mobile)
The smartphone has a 5.2-inch full HD screen with 1080 x 1920 pixels which comes to 423 pixels per inch. The device also comes with a 13 megapixel rear camera with Optical Image stabilisation (OIS) technology as well (LG says this is the only 13 megapixel camera with OIS technology). The front camera is 2.1 megapixels.The G2 is also the first smartphone with a Snapdragon 800 quad-core processor (first revealed at CES 2013) and it is clocked at 2.26 GHz. The phone also has quad-core Adreno 330 GPU for Graphics. The smartphone comes with 2GB RAM and will come with 32 GB and 16 GB storage space version. LG G2 got latest OTA update with some fixes. Our previous rooting article for LG G2 will not work after this update. So, Here is the new step by step tutorial on rooting of LG G2 after OTA update.
Below are some warning statements that you must be knowing before preparing to Root or Install Custom Rom in your LG G2 Android Smartphone:
- Rooting/Installing Custom ROM is not an authorized process hence you’ll be losing all your warranty benefits over your LG G2 after Rooting/Installing it.
- There are certain risks of damaging your Android Smartphone while Rooting/Installing Custom ROM in it. Hence, it is recommended that you proceed at your own risk and we are not to be held responsible even if your Smartphone gets damaged during or after completing the Rooting/Custom ROM installation process.
- You might not receive any future official software or firmware updates after rooting andinstalling Custom ROM in your LG G2.
Supported New Firmware: Check in Settings>About Device
- Korean LG G2 F320k with F320K20a KitKat
- Korean G2 (SKT) F320S with F320S20a ROM
- AT&T G2 D800 with ROM version D80010o
- T-Mobile G2 D801 with ROM version D80110G
- Sprint G2 LS980 with LS980ZV8 OTA
- Verizon G2 VS980 with VS98011A and VS98012B OTA
- All G2 variants with older ROM version
Before You Begin:
- This method works for LG G2 Only Don’t try in other devices.
- Download & Install LG G2 USB Drivers from Here
- Enable USB Debugging in your device.Click Here if you don’t know how to enable.
- Your device must be charged 50% minimum.
- We recommend you to make a backup of your data.
Download Required Files:
Root LG G2 On Latest Firmware:
- Download and extract ioroot.zip file on your PC.
- Connect your device to PC with USB cable.
- If you are a Windows user, double click on root-windows.bat file. Mac and Linux users can use the “root-mac.sh” and “root-linux.sh” respectively.
- A CMD window will appear on desktop asking you to press any key to continue .
- Press any key to start rooting process.
- When it is finished, your LG G2 will be rooted and reboot automatically.
Congrats!!! your LG G2 is successfully rooted now. You will find SuperSu app in App Drawer.