How To Root And Install TWRP Recovery On AT&T HTC One M8
In our some last articles we wrote about How To Root and Install Custom Recovery on HTC One M8 International, Verizon, Sprint and now its time for AT&T HTC One M8. HTC One M8 is the latest flagship device from HTC. The device build looks very solid and premium. The device has 5-inch display with full HD (1920 x 1080) screen resolution with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection. The device is packed with Snapdragon 801 chipset with 2.3 GHz quad-core CPU and Adreno 330 GPU for super fast performance. One M8 come with dual 4 MP camera with dual LED flash and full HD video recording support. The device has 5 MP front facing camera for video chat. HTC One M8 available in 16 GB and 32 GB versions with 2 GB RAM support.
Some Benefits Of Rooting & Flashing Custom Recovery :
- Free up storage space by removing apps and services that were preinstalled by your carrier/manufacturer from your device.
- Increase battery life (apps that might have been running constantly can be removed).
- Increase performance with Tweaks & Mods available for device.
- Update to a new version of Android with Custom ROMs.
- You can flash Tons of Custom ROMs after rooting and flashing Custom Recovery for better performance and looks.
Below are some warning statements that you must be knowing before preparing to Root or Install Custom Rom in your HTC One M8 Android Smartphone:
- Rooting/Installing Custom ROM is not an authorized process hence you’ll be losing all your warranty benefits over your HTC One M8 after Rooting/Installing it.
- There are certain risks of damaging your Android Smartphone while Rooting/Installing Custom ROM in it. Hence, it is recommended that you proceed at your own risk and we are not to be held responsible even if your Smartphone gets damaged during or after completing the Rooting/Custom ROM installation process.
- You might not receive any future official software or firmware updates after rooting and installing Custom ROM in your HTC One M8.
Some Important Links:
- If you have Verizon HTC One M8 follow this method: How To Root And Unroot Verizon HTC One M8 With WeakSauce Apk
- If you have Sprint HTC One M8 follow this method: How To Root And Flash TWRP Custom Recovery In Sprint HTC One M8
- If you have International HTC One M8 follow this method: How To Root And Install TWRP Custom Recovery In HTC One M8
Before You Begin:
- Make sure your device battery is charged upto 60%.
- This method is tested on HTC One M8 only.
- Install and Setup ADB/Fastboot in your PC before you begin to next step from Here (Important).
- Enable USB debugging mode. Click Here if you don’t know how to enable it.
- Install HTC One drivers from Here
- Your phone bootloader must be unlocked.
- Make a backup of all your important data first.
Download Required Files:
How To Install TWRP Custom Recovery In AT&T HTC One M8:
- Download and copy the TWRP Recovery Image in Fastboot folder.
- Now go to Phone settings and disable Fastboot in Power Options.
- Turn off your device.
- Now boot your device in HBOOT mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power button until you see some text on Screen, Select Fastboot in the Menu.
- Connect your device to PC in HBOOT mode with USB cable.
- Now open Fastboot folder and hold Shift key and Right Click in Fastboot folder and select open command window here in right click menu to open CMD.
- Now type following command and hit Enter button after each line in CMD.
- fastboot erase cache
- fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-126.96.36.199-m8_ul_ca.img
- fastboot reboot
- Now your device will reboot and TWRP recovery is installed in your device successfully.
How To Root AT&T HTC One M8:
- Download and Copy the SuperSU file (UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.xx.zip) in external SD card of your HTC One M8.
- Turn off your device and boot your device in HBOOT mode again by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power button until you see some text on Screen, Select Recovery in the Menu.
- Tap on Install and select the copied SuperSU zip file and slide the button for confirmation.
- Once the flashing done go back to the main menu of TWRP recovery and reboot your device.
That’s It!! Your Device is successfully rooted and TWRP Recovery is successfully flashed in your AT&T HTC One M8.