How To Root And Install Custom Recovery In HTC Butterfly S (Easy Method)
The first Butterfly was somewhat of a wasted opportunity for HTC, the limited reach and high asking price preventing the 5″ 1080p monster from becoming a global winner. Back then the company was merely trying to build up hype ahead of the launch of the HTC One and, had the Butterfly not been plagued by production issues, the strategy might have worked splendidly. Instead, the Taiwanese ended up losing sales to Sony, who delivered the Xperia Z ahead of the One, and Samsung who handled the Galaxy S4’s supply and marketing better.But people like HTC for their design and build quality and yes it is good in it.HTC also provide official bootloader unlocking for HTC Butterfly S.
How To Root And Install Custom Recovery In HTC Butterfly S
Before You Begin:
- This method is tested on HTC Butterfly S with unlocked bootloader only.
- Click Here for Bootloader Unlock Instructions
- You need a Windows based PC or Laptop.
- Download HTC Butterfly S USB Drivers and Install them correctly.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device.Click Here if you don’t know how to enable USB Debugging.
- Make a backup of your device data.
- Make sure your device is charged at least 70%.
Download Required Files:
How To Root And Install Custom Recovery In HTC Butterfly S:
- Unlocking Bootloader of HTC Butterfly S.
- Now follow our ADB/Fastboot setup guide (Follow Both Steps carefully)
- Download and copy the CWM Recovery in C:\fastboot folder you create in ADB/Fastboot setup step 2.
- And rename the CWM Recovery file name to recovery.img
- Turn off your device.
- Press & Hold Volume Down and Power button wait for screen and than release Power Button only and keep holding the Volume Down Button.
- Navigate to Bootloader with Volume Buttons and Press Power Button for select.
- Now select Fastboot by pressing Power Button.
- Open Start Menu and Search for CMD their in your PC.
- Launch the CMD application in your PC.
- A Command window will appear in your PC.
- Type C:\fastboot in CMD.
- Now type fastboot flash recovery.img and hit enter (Make sure the name of CWM recovery file is renamed to recovery.img).
- Wait and let him finish his work.
- Now Press & hold Power Button to turn off your device.
- Now Press & Hold Volume Down and Power Button again wait for screen and than release Power Button and keep holding Volume Down Button.
- Now select Bootloader again.
- Navigate to Recovery and select with Power button.
- In Recovery it will ask to root your device select yes.
- Now reboot your device
Enjoy your device is rooted now with CWM Custom Recovery… 😀