How To Root And Install CWM Recovery In Sony Xperia M C1904/C1905
Sony Xperia M is a mid range smartphone from Sony. It is very popular smartphone in India, because of its low price with some decent hardware and software features. The device has 1.5 GHz dual-core processor with Snapdragon S4 Pro chipset and 1 GB RAM for smooth performance and multi-tasking. The device come with Android 4.1 Jellybean and upgradable to Android 4.3 Jellybean. The device has a 4-inch display with 854 x 480 screen resolution. Xperia M come with a 5 MP rear camera and 0.3 MP front facing camera for video chat. The device is packed with 1750 mAh battery and 4 GB internal memory. The device support many connectivity features like Wi-fi, Bluetooth, 3G and many others.
Below are some warning statements that you must be knowing before preparing to Root or Install Custom Rom in your Sony Xperia M Android Smartphone:
- Rooting/Installing Custom ROM is not an authorized process hence you’ll be losing all your warranty benefits over your Sony Xperia M after Rooting/Installing it.
- There are certain risks of damaging your Android Smartphone while Rooting/Installing Custom ROM in it. Hence, it is recommended that you proceed at your own risk and we are not to be held responsible even if your Smartphone gets damaged during or after completing the Rooting/Custom ROM installation process.
- You might not receive any future official software or firmware updates after rooting and installing Custom ROM in your Sony Xperia M.
Some Benefits Of Rooting & Flashing Custom Recovery :
- Free up storage space by removing apps and services that were preinstalled by your carrier/manufacturer from your device.
- Increase battery life (apps that might have been running constantly can be removed).
- Increase performance with Tweaks & Mods available for device.
- Update to a new version of Android with Custom ROMs.
- You can flash Tons of Custom ROMs after rooting and flashing Custom Recovery for better performance and looks.
1. Before You Begin:
- You must have a Sony Xperia M on Android 4.3 Jellybean Only (Please Don’t use it in any other device,If you want other help contact us). If you have Sony Xperia M with Android 4.1 or 4.2 Jellybean then Try This Method.
- Enable USB Debugging in your device.Learn How to Enable USB Debugging from Here
- Download & Install Sony Xperia M USB Drivers in your Windows Based PC or Laptop.Connect your device with PC for complete the installation.
- Click Here to Unlock Bootloader of your device.
- Make sure your device have 50% battery left (If not charge your device first)
- Make a Backup of your Data for safety.
Download Required Files:
How To Root And Flash CWM Custom Recovery On Sony Xperia M:
- Download and Rename Custom Recovery file to boot.img from 4.3-boot.img .
- Download and Copy the SuperSU zip file in external SD card of your Sony Xperia M.
- Download and Extract Fastboot+ADB zip file in you PC.
- Copy the boot.img file in Fastboot ADB extracted folder.
- Turn Off your device completely.
- Now Press and hold the shift key and right click on an empty area within the folder, and click on Open Command Window Here.
- Press and hold Volume Up button and connect it with your PC (Don’t left Volume Up button until you see a blue light notification in your device).
- Now enter fastboot flash boot boot.img command and hit Enter in Command Prompt of your PC.
- After completion of flashing process type fastboot reboot in CMD and hit enter.
- Your device will reboot now.
- As soon as you see Pink LED light notification in your device, Start pressing Volume Up key to boot your device into Recovery Mode.
- In Recovery Mode select Install Zip > Choose Zip from SDcard now locate and select SuperSU zip file and on next screen select Yes.
- This will start flashing SuperSU in your device.
- Once the flashing complete, reboot your device.
- Now you will find SuperSU app in your app drawer, that means your device is successfully rooted now.