How To Root And Install CWM Custom Recovery On Nexus 5 Android 4.4.1.
Google Android 4.4.1. official update is available for Nexus 5 today. If you want to manually update your Nexus 5 follow the step by step instructions given here. You device will not be rooted after this update. Thats why , Today we will guide you how to root Nexus 5 on Android 4.4.1. Root will give you many new features and full access on your device. You can install Custom ROMs, Tweaks, MODs with root access. Here is the complete working guide, which allows you to root and install CWM recovery on Nexus 5 Android smartphone. The guide is pretty simple and doesn’t take so much time., All you have to flash some files on your device and you are ready to go.
Below are some warning statements that you must be knowing before preparing to Root or Install Custom Rom in your Nexus 5 Android Smartphone:
- Rooting/Installing Custom ROM is not an authorized process hence you’ll be losing all your warranty benefits over your Nexus 5 after Rooting/Installing it.
- There are certain risks of damaging your Android Smartphone while Rooting/Installing Custom ROM in it. Hence, it is recommended that you proceed at your own risk and we are not to be held responsible even if your Smartphone gets damaged during or after completing the Rooting/Custom ROM installation process.
- You might not receive any future official software or firmware updates after rooting and installing Custom ROM in your Nexus 5.
Before You Begin: [If you want to Root Nexus 5 with CF-AutoRoot Easy Method Click Here]
- Backup device storage, SMS, contacts, calenders and other stuff (This procedure won’t wipe any of your present data on the phone, but we prefer to be at a safe side, always)
- This method is working for Nexus 5 with Android 4.4.1 only
- First Unlock the bootloader of your phone, Read our guide here how to Unlock Nexus 5 Bootloader
- Enable USB Debugging in your Nexus 5. Read guide here how to enable USB Debugging in Android devices.
- Make sure your Nexus 5 is charged al least 60%.
- Download & Install Latest Nexus 5 drivers in your PC.
Download Required Files:
- Download & Install Android SDK in your windows PC
- Download SuperSU v1.80 for Nexus 5
- Download CWM Custom Recovery v126.96.36.199.1.
How To Root & Install Recovery In Google Nexus 5 On Android 4.4.1:
- Please follow all the steps given above.
- Connect your device to PC with USB Cable and move SuperSU v1.80 zip file in SD card.
- Copy CWM Custom Recovery .img file in C://fastboot folder (Read Download & Install Android SDK in your windows PC article first).
- Turn off you phone and boot it in Bootloader mode. To do this Press Volume Down + Power keys for a few seconds till you see some text on the screen. This is Bootloader Mode.
- Now go to C://Fastboot directory on your PC and open Command Prompt (Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt).
- A Command Prompt will appear on your PC screen.
[highlight ]Type in the following command and press Enter.
fastboot flash recovery hammerhead-cwm-188.8.131.52.1-unofficial.img[/highlight]
- Wait for a minute, After completion of process CWM Recovery is successfully installed in your device.
- Now select Recovery Mode from the Bootloader Mode.
- Now your phone is on ClockworkMod recovery, scroll down to “flash zip from SD card” and press the power button to select it.
- Use volume keys, navigate to UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.80.zip and select it using the Power button.
- After completion for installation, Go back to main menu of recovery and select reboot system now.
Congrats!!!Now your Nexus will reboot and the first boot will take some time. Once the device is on, you will see the SuperSU app in your apps. Now you device is rooted and CWM recovery is installed.