Today, you’ll learn How To Root and Flash Custom Recovery on HTC Desire X with the easiest method and step by step instructions from us. HTC Desire is one the first Dual-SIM smartphone from HTC. Desire X come with 4 inch display with 800 x 480 screen resolution and HTC Sense 4 on the top of Android 4.0 ICS. HTC Desire X is packed with 1 GHz dual-core processor with Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset and Adreno 203 GPU. Device has 4 GB of internal storage with support of external SD upto 32 GB and 768 MB of RAM. Desire X come with 5 MP camera with WVGA video recording support and features like Auto-focus, Geo-tagging and face detection. The phone incorporates GPRS, EDGE and 3G technology. The HTC Desire C is also WiFi enabled with Hotspot feature and A-GPS support.
Below are some warning statements that you must be knowing before preparing to Root or Install Custom Rom in your HTC Desire X Android Smartphone/Tablet:
- Rooting/Installing Custom ROM is not an authorized process hence you’ll be losing all your warranty benefits over your HTC Desire X after Rooting/Installing it.
- There are certain risks of damaging your Android Smartphone/Tablets while Rooting/Installing Custom ROM in it. Hence, it is recommended that you proceed at your own risk and we are not to be held responsible even if your Smartphone gets damaged during or after completing the Rooting/Custom ROM installation process.
- You might not receive any future official software or firmware updates after rooting and installing Custom ROM in your HTC Desire X.
Before You Begin:
- You need a Windows Based PC or Laptop for this method.
- Your device bootloader must be unlocked. DO IT FROM HERE
- Download & Install HTC Desire X Drivers from Here
- Enable USB Debugging on your device.Click Here if you don’t know how to enable.
- You device must be charged 50% minimum.
- We recommend you to make a Backup of you data for safety.
Download Required Files:
How To Install Custom Recovery:
- Extract adb-fastboot.zip to your C:\ drive so the path is C:\adb-fastboot\Android.
- Copy Custom_recovery.img to the extracted adb-fastboot\Android folder.
- Connect your device to your PC. If there are drivers being installed at this point, let them do so before continuing.
- Hold the Shift key and right-click on the Android folder, then click on Open command prompt window here.
- Run the following commands (ignore the text in the brackets, which is for information purposes only): adb reboot-bootloader [boots your device to bootloader mode]. After booting into Bootloader Mode type: fastboot flash recovery Custom_recovery.img [flashes custom recovery to your device]
- 7. Restart your device once done.
How To Root Your Device:
- Connect your device to your PC and copy UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.89.zip to your device’s SD card.
- Install CWM Recovery with above method. Boot your device into ClockworkMod Recovery. To do this, power off your device, and hold the Power plus Volume Down buttons until you boot into fastboot mode. Now, use the Volume Up/Down keys to navigate to select bootloader and then recovery option and use the Power button to select it.
- Once in custom recovery, select Install zip from sdcard.
- Next, select Choose zip from sdcard.
- Navigate to the location of UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.89.zip and select it, then confirm the flash on the next screen.
- Once flashed, go back to the main menu and reboot your device.
That’s it!! Your device is successfully rooted..