Learn How To Root And Install TWRP Custom Recovery In Samsung Galaxy S6 (All Models) using Odin Flash Tool with easy method and step by step instructions. Samsung Galaxy S6 is the latest flagship smartphone from Samsung and is part of famous Samsung Galaxy S series. In this article, we will guide you about the rooting process of Samsung Galaxy S6 (All Models) using Odin Flash Tool.
List Of Models :
- SM-G920F (International- European)
- SM-G920I (International- India, Singapore, Australia, US, Latin America, etc.)
- SM-G9200 (China Dual SIM)
- SM-G9208 (China)
- SM-G9209 (China)
- SM-G920K (Korea)
- SM-G920L (Korea)
- SM-G920S (Korea)
- SM-G920P (Sprint)
- SM-G920T (T-Mobile)
- SM-G920R4 (US Cellular)
- SM-G920W8 (Canadian)
Image Source : notebookcheck.net
Below are some warning statements that you must be knowing before preparing to Root or Install Custom Rom in your Android Smartphone:
- Rooting/Installing Custom ROM is not an authorized process hence you’ll be losing all your warranty benefits over your after Rooting/Installing it.
- There are certain risks of damaging your Android Smartphone while Rooting/Installing Custom ROM in it. Hence, it is recommended that you proceed at your own risk and we are not to be held responsible even if your Smartphone gets damaged during or after completing the Rooting/Custom ROM installation process.
- You might not receive any future official software or firmware updates after rooting and installing Custom ROM in your device.
Before You Begin :
- This method is only for Samsung Galaxy S6 Models mentioned above.
- Make sure your device is at least 60% charged.
- Create a backup of all your important data.
- Download USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy S6 from Here.
- Enable USB Debugging in your device. Click Here if you don’t know how to enable it.
Download Required Files :
- Download Odin tool: Odin3_v3.10.6.zip
- Download the TWRP recovery file (with .tar extension) for your Galaxy S6:
- SuperSU flashable zip: UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.xx.zip
How To Root And Install TWRP In Galaxy S6 :
- Follow all the instructions mentioned above and download all the required files.
- Copy the download UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.xx.zip file in your smartphone.
- Turn off your Galaxy S6 and reboot it into the Download Mode by pressing the Volume Down+Home+Power keys simultaneously for 3-5 seconds. When you see the warning screen with exclamation sign, press the Volume up key.
- Now extract the files from Odin3_v3.10.6.zip into a folder on desktop and also transfer the TWRP Recovery Image file in that folder.
- Double-click Odin3-v3.10.6.exe to launch the program in your PC/Laptop.
- Now connect your device to PC using Data cable.
- ID:COM port of Odin will be highlighted to show that your device has been detected by the tool.
- Now click the AP button in tool and select twrp-22.214.171.124-zerofxxx.img.tar file.
- Now click on the Start button to begin flashing process.
- After flashing you’ll get PASS! message on Odin and the device will reboot automatically.
- Now disconnect your device from PC.
- Turn Off your device again after it restarts.
- Now reboot the device into the Recovery mode by holding the Volume Up+Home+Power buttons at the same time until the screen turns up. As soon as you see the Samsung Galaxy S6 logo, release the Power key but keep the other two buttons pressed until you are greeted by TWRP menu.
- Tap the Install option in TWRP, navigate to UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.xx.zip and select it.
- Now confirm your selection by swiping the slider.
- Once the SuperSU flashed, Go to main menu in TWRP Recovery and tap on Reboot > System.
That’s it!! Congrats your device is successfully rooted and TWRP Recovery flashed.