How To Root And Flash TWRP Custom Recovery In Sprint HTC One M8
In this article we will show you How To Root And Flash TWRP Custom Recovery In Sprint HTC One M8 with the easiest method and step by step instructions. In our previous article we posted about How To Root And Install TWRP Custom Recovery In HTC One M8 International version of One M8. HTC One M8 is getting popular and available on many carriers now. The specifications of HTC One M8 is same for all carriers, no changes. HTC One M8 for Sprint also got same Snapdragon 801 chipset with 2.3 GHz quad-core processor and Adreno 330 GPU with 2 GB of RAM for smooth performance. The device has a 5-inch full HD (1920 x 1080) display with Gorilla Glass 3 protection on it. Ultra Duo Cameras on rear and a 5 MP front facing camera for video chat. HTC One M8 come with its own HTC Sense UI 6 on the top of Android 4.4.2. kitkat.
Below are some warning statements that you must be knowing before preparing to Root or Install Custom Rom in your HTC One M8 Android Smartphone:
- Rooting/Installing Custom ROM is not an authorized process hence you’ll be losing all your warranty benefits over your HTC One M8 after Rooting/Installing it.
- There are certain risks of damaging your Android Smartphone while Rooting/Installing Custom ROM in it. Hence, it is recommended that you proceed at your own risk and we are not to be held responsible even if your Smartphone gets damaged during or after completing the Rooting/Custom ROM installation process.
- You might not receive any future official software or firmware updates after rooting and installing Custom ROM in your HTC One M8.
Some Benefits Of Rooting & Flashing Custom Recovery :
- Free up storage space by removing apps and services that were preinstalled by your carrier/manufacturer from your device.
- Increase battery life (apps that might have been running constantly can be removed).
- Increase performance with Tweaks & Mods available for device.
- Update to a new version of Android with Custom ROMs.
- You can flash Tons of Custom ROMs after rooting and flashing Custom Recovery for better performance and looks.
Some Important Links:
- If you have Verizon HTC One M8 follow this method: How To Root And Unroot Verizon HTC One M8 With WeakSauce Apk
- If you have International version of HTC One M8 follow this method: How To Root And Install TWRP Custom Recovery In HTC One M8
- If you have AT&T HTC One M8 follow this method: How To Root And Install TWRP Recovery On AT&T HTC One M8
Before You Begin:
- Make sure your device battery is charged upto 60%.
- This method is tested on HTC One M8 Sprint only.
- Install and Setup ADB/Fastboot in your PC before you begin to next step from Here(Important).
- Enable USB debugging mode. Click Here if you don’t know how to enable it.
- Install HTC One drivers from Here
- Your phone bootloader must be unlocked.
- Make a backup of all your important data first.
Download Required Files:
How To Install TWRP Custom Recovery In HTC One M8 Sprint:
- Download and copy the TWRP Recovery Image in Fastboot folder.
- Now go to Phone settings and disable Fastboot in Power Options.
- Turn off your device.
- Now boot your device in HBOOT mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power button until you see some text on Screen, Select Fastboot in the Menu.
- Connect your device to PC in HBOOT mode with USB cable.
- Now open Fastboot folder and hold Shift key and Right Click in Fastbootfolder and select open command window here in right click menu to openCMD.
- Now type following command and hit Enter button after each line in CMD.
- fastboot erase cache
- fastboot flash recovery twrp-m8.img
- fastboot reboot
- Now your device will reboot and TWRP recovery is installed in your device successfully.
How To Root HTC One M8 Sprint:
- Download and Copy the SuperSU file(update-Super-SU-v1.94.zip) in external SD card of your HTC One M8.
- Turn off your device and boot your device in HBOOT mode again by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power button until you see some text on Screen, Select Recovery in the Menu.
- Tap on Install and select the copied SuperSU zip file and slide the button for confirmation.
- Once the flashing done go back to the main menu of TWRP recovery and reboot your device.
That’s It!! Your Device is successfully rooted and TWRP Recovery is successfully flashed in your HTC One M8 Sprint.