(Easy Guide) Root AT&T Galaxy S6, S6 Edge and S6 Edge Plus
Finally, the AT&T Galaxy S6, S6 Edge and S6 Edge Plus are rootable now. To gain the root access, you’ll have to download and flash the Kernel files in your smartphone using the Odin flash tool. The process is very simple and easy, just follow the simple steps one-by-one you’ll be able to root your device.
Before You Begin
- Please keep in mind that this guide is only for AT&T Galaxy S6, S6 Edge and S6 Edge Plus only. Don’t try this method on any other variant of S6 or any other smartphone.
- Make sure your device is at least 50% charged.
- You’ll need a Windows based PC or Laptop for this guide.
- Download and Install USB Drivers for your smartphone in your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock from your device’s Developer Options. Click Here if you don’t have any idea about how to do that.
- Create a backup of all your important data.
Download Required Files
- Kernel for AT&T S6
- Kernel for AT&T S6 Edge
- Kernel for AT&T S6 Edge Plus
- Odin Flash Tool (Download the latest 3.10)
How To Root AT&T Galaxy S6, S6 Edge And S6 Edge Plus
- Follow all the steps mentioned above for safe rooting.
- Download Odin v3.10 zip file in your PC and extract it in empty folder. Download the Kernel .tar.md5 file (Don’t extract Kernel file) and move it in the same folder.
- Now open the Odin v3.10 .exe file in your PC and a window of Odin tool will appear on your desktop.
- Boot your S6 into Download mode, turn off your device. Press and hold the three buttons Power + Home + Volume down together until you see warning screen and then press Volume Up button to continue.
- Connect your device to PC using USB data cable (Make sure USB drivers are installed).
- Once connected, Odin will recognize your device. Added!! message will appear in the Log box of Odin and the box under ID:COM will also turn blue (This means your device is successfully connected to PC and recognized by Odin).
- Now click on the AP button in Odin and select the downloaded Kernel .tar.md5 file.
- After loading the Kernel file, click on the Start button to start flashing the kernel file in your device.
- Now the rooting is done, your device will reboot automatically and you’ll see PASS! message in Odin.
- You will find a new app called SuperSU in your App drawer. If its not there download it from Play Store.
That’s it! Your AT&T Galaxy S6, S6 Edge and S6 Edge Plus are rooted now.