Find out How To Restore/Unroot Verizon HTC One M8 to Stock Android 5.0.1 Lollipop RUU/FUU with easy method and instructions. The Verizon HTC One M8 received Android Lollipop update few days ago. After update if you rooted your device and now want to go back to stock firmware. Thanks to XDA member, dottat that we now have another way to update the Verizon One M8 to Android 5.0.1. He has shared the Lollipop firmware as an RUU (ROM update utility) for installation via a PC and also a Zip that can be installed by copying on the SD card.
Image Source : phonearena.com
Before You Begin :
- The procedure must be followed only by users who have gained S-OFF on their Verizon One M8.
- Download and Install HTC Sync or HTC USB Drivers on your computer from Here.
- Enable USB Debugging in your device. Click Here if you don’t know how to enable USB Debugging.
- Go to Settings> Power and turn off Fastboot option.
- Backup all your important data.
- Make sure your device is fully charged (Minimum 60%).
Download Required Files:
- Download FUU (Firmware Update Utility) file : DOTTAT_VZWM8_S_OFF_5.0.1_FUU.zip
How To Restore/Unroot Verizon HTC One M8:
- Follow all the instruction given above first for safe installation.
- Connect your device to PC using data cable.
- Extract DOTTAT_VZWM8_S_OFF_5.0.1_FUU.zip file in a folder.
- Open the folder and launch ARUwizard.exe.
- Follow the on-screen prompts until your One M8 reboots. Your phone might take few minutes to reboot after firmware installation.
Congrats, you have successfully restored your Verizon HTC One M8 to stock Lollipop pre-rooted ROM.