Samsung Galaxy S4 is one the most popular device for Samsung. Google announce new version of Android with the launch of Nexus 5. Android 4.4 kitkat is officially available in Nexus 5 only. Android 4.4 update is not available for Samsung Galaxy S4 till now. Some custom roms are available for Samsung Galaxy Series and other high end devices. The good news is that Android 4.4 based custom ROM is available for Samsung Galaxy S4. This Custom ROM come with Android 4.4 features and tweaks. This are not official builds from Samsung,T-Mobile or Google. So, you will notice some bugs in ROM.
Below are some warning statements that you must be knowing before preparing to Root or Install Custom Rom in your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4 Android Smartphone:
- Rooting/Installing Custom ROM is not an authorized process hence you’ll be losing all your warranty benefits over your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4 after Rooting/Installing it.
- There are certain risks of damaging your Android Smartphone while Rooting/Installing Custom ROM in it. Hence, it is recommended that you proceed at your own risk and we are not to be held responsible even if your Smartphone gets damaged during or after completing the Rooting/Custom ROM installation process.
- You might not receive any future official software or firmware updates after rooting and installing Custom ROM in your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4.
Some Important Articles:
- How To Root T-Mobile Galaxy S4 M919 on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean [CF Auto Root]
- How To Install Clockworkmod Recovery on T-Mobile Galaxy S4 SGH-M919 (CWM)
- Top 5 Best Custom Roms For Samsung Galaxy S4 T-Mobile (SGH-M919)
Before You Begin:
- You need a Windows based PC or Laptop.
- This custom ROM is tested & working in T-Mobile Galaxy S4 only.
- Root & Install Custom Recovery in your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4.(Links are given in Some Important Articles section above)
- Download Samsung USB Drivers Here and connect your device with PC for complete the installation.
- Enable USB Debugging in your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4.Click Here if you don’t know how to enable.
- Your device must be charged 50% minimum.
- Make backup of device data for safety.
Download Required Files:
How To Update T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4:
- Follow all the instruction given above for safe installation.
- Now connect you device to PC with USB cable.
- Move or Copy both downloaded files on your external sdcard.
- Now switch off your device and boot into recovery mode.To do this, Press and Hold Volume Up + Home and Power buttons.
- Once you’re in Recovery Mode, Select wipe data/factory reset, followed by wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache from advanced.
- Now go back to the main menu of Recovery Mode and select “install zip from SD card”.
- Select and Install custom rom zip file and then GApps package.
- After successful installation, go back to main menu of Recovery Mode and select reboot system now.
- First boot can take upto 5 minutes.
Congrats!!! Android 4.4 kitkat based custom rom is successfully installed in your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4.