How To Install TWRP And Root LG G4
In this article, we’ll guide you about how to flash/install TWRP custom recovery and root LG G4 using ADB & Fastboot tool and SuperSU file. If you want to flash a custom rom in your LG G4 then both custom recovery and root access are necessary for the process. The guide is really simple and easy to follow.
Before You Begin
- This method is only for LG G4. Don’t try these steps on any other smartphone.
- Make sure your device is at least 50% charged before you start the rooting process.
- Make a backup of all your important data. Don’t worry this method will not wipe any of your data but just for the safety create a backup.
- Bootloader of your LG G4 must be unlocked.
- Download and install LG G4 USB Drivers in your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging in your smartphone from developer options.
Download Required Files
How To Install TWRP Custom Recovery On LG G4
- Download and extract mfastboot zip file in your PC.
- Download TWRP Custom Recovery image file and rename it “recovery.img” (don’t change the extension) and transfer it in the same folder where you extracted mfastboot files. And transfer one copy of the recovery.img in your LG G4 internal storage.
- Now open that folder and hold shift button and press the right-click button in your mouse. You will see the “Open command window here” option. Click on it to open a command window.
- Connect your LG G4 to PC using Data cable and run the following command in CMD to boot your device into Bootloader Mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, type the following command to boot LG G4 in TWRP recovery mode.
fastboot boot lgg4-twrp.img
- Once your device boot in custom recovery mode, click on “Install” and then click on “Images“and select the recovery.img file which you copied earlier.
- After that you will have two options under “Select Partition to Flash Image“. Select “Recovery” option and then “Swipe to Confirm Flash”.
- You will get a [IMAGE FLASH COMPLETE] message in the next screen. Click on “Back” button followed by selecting the “System” reboot option to restart your device.
That’s it!! TWRP Custom Recovery is successfully flashed in your LG G4.
How To Root LG G4
- After flashing TWRP Custom Recovery in your LG G4, Download the Chainfire SuperSU and transfer it in your device internal storage.
- Connect your device to PC using data cable and open the same folder where you extracted mfastboot files and hold shift button and press the right-click button in your mouse. You will see the “Open command window here” option. Click on it to open a command window.
- Now enter the following command in the CMD to boot your device in Recovery mode.
adb reboot recovery
- Now in TWRP, select “Install” and then select the SuperSU zip file and flash it.
- Once the flashing is done, reboot your device to normal mode.
Congratulations, your LG G4 is successfully rooted now.