How To Install TWRP Recovery And Root Xiaomi Mi 5
In this article, we’ll guide you about how to install/flash TWRP custom recovery and gain root access in Xiaomi Mi 5 using ADB & Fastboot. The whole guide is really simple and easy to follow. Follow the steps mentioned below to successfully flash TWRP custom recovery and gain root access in your Xiaomi Mi 5.
Before You Begin
- This method is only for Xiaomi Mi 5. Don’t try these steps on any other smartphone.
- If you just want to root your Xiaomi Mi 5 and not TWRP custom recovery then we recommend you follow our this guide.
- Make sure your device is at least 50% charged before you start the rooting process.
- Make a backup of all your important data. Don’t worry this method will not wipe any of your data but just for the safety create a backup.
- Enable USB Debugging in your smartphone from developer options.
- Bootloader of your Xiaomi Mi 5 must be unlocked.
How To Root Xiaomi Mi 5 And Install TWRP Custom Recovery
- Follow all the steps mentioned in the Before You Begin section.
- Download and transfer SuperSU zip file in internal storage of your smartphone.
- Download and extract the ADB & Fastboot zip file in a folder.
- Download and move the TWRP custom recovery img file in the same folder where you extracted the ADB & Fastboot files in the previous step and rename it ‘recovery.img’.
- Now open that folder and open the command window thereby pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-clicked anywhere in that folder and select “Open command window here”.
- Turn off your Xiaomi smartphone and boot into Fastboot mode by pressing “Power + Volume Down” button at the same time.
- Now connect your device to PC using USB cable.
- Type the following command to confirm that your device is successfully connected.
- Now type the following command in command prompt to flash TWRP recovery.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- After flashing TWRP recovery image, type the following command to boot your device into Recovery mode.
fastboot boot recovery.img
- In Recovery mode, select your preferred Language, tap “Never show this screen on boot again”, and Swipe allow modification. Now Go to “Wipe” section and tap “Format Data”, and type “yes”.
- Now navigate to Install Zip and select ‘SuperSu.zip’ to root Xiaomi Mi5.
- Swipe to confirm flashing SuperSU zip file and once the process is done, reboot your smartphone.
That’s it!! Your Xiaomi Mi 5 is successfully rooted now and TWRP custom recovery is also flashed.