In this article, we’ll guide you about how to install/flash TWRP custom recovery and gain root access in Nextbit Robin using ADB & Fastboot. The whole guide is really simple and easy to follow. Follow the steps mentioned below to successfully flash TWRP custom recovery and gain root access in your Nextbit Robin.
Before You Begin
- This method is only for Nextbit Robin. Don’t try these steps on any other smartphone.
- Make sure your device is at least 50% charged before you start the rooting process.
- Make a backup of all your important data. Don’t worry this method will not wipe any of your data but just for the safety create a backup.
- Download and install Nextbit Robin USB Drivers in your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging in your smartphone from developer options.
How To Root Nextbit Robin And Install TWRP Custom Recovery
- Follow all the steps mentioned in the Before You Begin section.
- Download and transfer SuperSU zip file in internal storage of your smartphone.
- Connect your Nextbit Robin to PC using original USB cable.
- Download and extract the ADB & Fastboot zip file in a folder.
- Now open that folder where you extracted ADB & Fastboot zip files and now click on py_cmd.exe file in order to open the command prompt.
- Now in the command prompt type the following and hit enter one by one.
(To make sure your device is connected properly)
(To boot your device into bootloader mode)
fastboot oem unlock
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
(To flash TWRP custom recovery in your Nextbit Robin)
fastboot boot recovery.img
(To boot your device into Recovery mode)
- Once your device boot in Recovery Mode, Tap on Install and navigate and select ‘SuperSu.zip’.
- Swipe to confirm flashing SuperSU zip file and once the process is done, reboot your smartphone.
That’s it!! Your Nextbit Robin is successfully rooted now and TWRP custom recovery is also flashed.