Samsung Galaxy Note 5 is the latest smartphone from Samsung and is part of famous Note series of Samsung. The Note 5 is a high-end smartphone with a huge 5.7-inch display, Exynos 7420 Octa chipset, 4 GB RAM, 16 MP rear camera and many more. In this guide, we’ll discuss about how to install/flash TWRP custom recovery on Samsung Galaxy Note 5 using the Odin flash tool.
Before You Begin
- This guide is only for the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 (Sprint), Samsung Galaxy Note 5 DUOS and Samsung Galaxy Note 5 GSM.
- Charge your device’s battery at least 50% for safe rooting process.
- You’ll need a Windows based PC or Laptop for this process.
- Download and install USB drivers in your PC or Laptop.
- Enable USB Debugging in your smartphone.
- Create a backup of all your important data. TWRP flashing doesn’t format your device but still we recommend you create backup first.
- Enable OEM Unlock on your device from the Developer options in Settings.
- Odin v3.10
- TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy Note 5 (Sprint) (nobleltespr).
- TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy Note 5 GSM (noblelte).
- TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy Note 5 DUOS (nobleltezt).
How To Install TWRP Custom Recovery On Samsung Galaxy Note 5
- Follow all the instructions from “Before You Begin” section and download all the required files.
- Download and extract the Odin v3.10 zip file in a empty folder. Download the TWRP .tar image and move it to the same folder.
- Run the Odin v3.10 .exe file in your PC and a Odin flash tool window will appear on your desktop.
- Now turn off your device and boot it into Download Mode. By pressing and holding Volume Down + Home + Power buttons simultaneously for few seconds. You’ll see a warning on your device’s screen, press Volume Up to continue and you’re in Download Mode now.
- Now connect your device to PC using data cable (Make sure USB drivers are already installed in your PC). After connecting your device to PC, you’ll see an Added!! message in log of Odin and a blue button (In the ID:COM section).
- Press AP button in Odin flash tool, a browsing window will open. Now navigate to the extracted files of CF-Auto-Root.zip and select the TWRP .tar file.
- Now press the Start button on Odin and wait for the flashing process to complete.
That’s it, TWRP custom recovery is successfully installed/flashed in your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 using Odin flash tool.