HTC 10 is the latest high-end smartphone from HTC. The smartphone will come packed with a 5.2-inch QHD display, 12 MP rear camera with 4K video recording support, Snapdragon 820 chipset, 4 GB RAM with 32GB/64GB internal storage options. HTC 10 is already making headline and it’ll be a hit without any doubt. Other good news is that those who love to root and install various other tweaks and mods into their smartphone would also be happy, Because TWRP custom recovery is already available for HTC 10. In this article, we’ll guide you about how to install/flash TWRP custom recovery in HTC 10 using adb and fastboot files. The method is really simple and easy to follow.
Before You Begin :
- Make sure your device battery is charged upto 60%.
- This method is tested on HTC 10 only.
- Enable USB debugging mode. Click Here if you don’t know how to enable it.
- Install HTC drivers from Here
- Your phone bootloader must be unlocked.
- Make a backup of all your important data first.
Download Required Files :
How To Flash TWRP Recovery on HTC 10:
- Follow all the instructions given above first.
- Download and extract the mfastboot-v2.zip file in a folder.
- Download the latest TWRP Recovery image and rename it to recovery.img and then move it in the folder where you extracted mfastboot-v2.zip files.
- Now in that folder, Open a command prompt by pressing Shift + Right click on any empty space inside the folder, and select Open command window here from the context menu.
- Connect your HTC 10 to PC using Data cable and run the following command in CMD to boot your device into Bootloader Mode.
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, type the following command to flash the TWRP image to your device.
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- Once the flashing is finished, use the below command to reboot the device.
That’s it, TWRP Custom Recovery is successfully flashed in your HTC 10.