Sony is one of the most popular and trusted smartphone manufacturer. Sony Xperia series of Android smartphones are very popular in all over the world. Android is an open source OS and many developments are running all over the world for different smartphones. Rooting, Custom Recoveries, Custom ROMs, Performance Tweaks & Mods are nearly available of all Android smartphone this days. Millions of Android users are rooting, installing Custom ROMs and Recoveries in there smartphone and tablets. But sometimes its went wrong or you feel tired from this things. Then you want the original Stock experience of your device back. OTA updates take to much time to roll all over the world. But there is a solution for this problem. Sony Flashtool is a small software of you windows OS that allow you to flash ftf file (Stock Firmwares, Kernels, Recoveries).
In this article we will guide you about How To Install and Setup Sony Flashtool For Xperia Devices In Windows OS.
Before You Begin:
How To Install & Setup Flashtool:
- First Download Flashtool from the link given above and run the downloaded .exe file.
- Install Flashtool like any normal software in Windows.
- After successful installation you will get a folder named Flashtool in C: drive or where you selected during installation of you PC or Laptop.
- In this Flashtool folder you will find some other folders like Devices,Firmwares, Drivers.
- The Devices folder contains data related to supported Xperia devices.
- The Firmwares folder contain firmware and kernel files for Xperia Devices
- In Drivers folder you will find USB drivers that are important for flashing firmwares in your Xperia Device.
- Run Flashtool-drivers you got from Drivers folders in your PC and install Fastboot & Flashmode drivers.
- Download your desired Stock firmware with .ftf extension and place it in Firmwares named folder in Flashtool folder.
- Now go to the main flashtool folder and run Flashtool.exe application there.
- In Flashtool click on the lightning button on the top left and select Flashmode if you are trying to install ftf file.
- Now select the .ftf Firmware file and the options given in the image below and click on OK or Flash button (Depend on version of Flashtool).
- Now flashtool will load ftf file and you will see a log.
- After loading of ftf firmware file a popup will appear prompting you to connect your device to the PC in Flashmode.
- Now, turn off your device, and connect to your PC using the original data cable while keeping the Volume down key pressed. You should see the Green LED on your device. This is for flashmode, in case you want to connect your device in fastboot mode, you need to connect it while keeping the Volume Up key pressed and you should see the Blue LED now. For older Xperia devices, the back key will work for Flashmode while the menu key will work for fastboot mode.
- After connecting your device with Flashtool the process of flashing will start automatically.
- Flashing will take few minutes and you will see flashing done message in last of logs.