How To Install CWM Custom Recovery On Sony Xperia Z2
In this article you will learn How To Install CWM Custom Recovery On Sony Xperia Z2 with the easiest method and step by step instructions from us. Sony Xperia Z2 is the latest smartphone from Sony. Xperia Z2 is successor of there popular Xperia Z1. Xperia Z2 has a 5.2-inch display with Full HD screen resolution (1920 x 1080) with Shatter proof and scratch-resistant glass. The device is packed with latest hardware including Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 chipset with 2.3 GHz Quad-Core CPU and Adreno 330 GPU for smooth performance and Gaming experience. Xperia Z2 come with 20.7 MP rear camera with LED flash and 4K video recording support. The front camera of Xperia Z2 is 2.2 MP for video chats at 1080p. The device has 16 GB of internal memory with external SD card support (Up to 128 GB) with 3 GB RAM for multi-tasking and smooth gaming. The device support all latest connectivity features like 4G LTE, NFC, USB Host, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot and many more. The device is dust proof and water resistant over 1 meter and 30 minutes like other latest Xperia devices from Sony.
Some Benefits Of Rooting & Flashing Custom Recovery :
- Free up storage space by removing apps and services that were preinstalled by your carrier/manufacturer from your device.
- Increase battery life (apps that might have been running constantly can be removed).
- Increase performance with Tweaks & Mods available for device.
- Update to a new version of Android with Custom ROMs.
- You can flash Tons of Custom ROMs after rooting and flashing Custom Recovery for better performance and looks.
Below are some warning statements that you must be knowing before preparing to Root or Install Custom Rom in your Sony Xperia Z2 Android Smartphone:
- Rooting/Installing Custom ROM is not an authorized process hence you’ll be losing all your warranty benefits over your Sony Xperia Z2 after Rooting/Installing it.
- There are certain risks of damaging your Android Smartphone while Rooting/Installing Custom ROM in it. Hence, it is recommended that you proceed at your own risk and we are not to be held responsible even if your Smartphone gets damaged during or after completing the Rooting/Custom ROM installation process.
- You might not receive any future official software or firmware updates after rooting and installing Custom ROM in your Sony Xperia Z2.
Before You Begin:
- This method is for Sony Xperia Z2 D6502/D6503 only.
- Unlock Bootloader of Sony Xperia Z2 first. Click Here for official Unlocking.
- You device must be charged at least 50%.
- Download and Install Sony Xperia Z2 USB Drivers in your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging in your Xperia Z2. Click Here for our guide on enabling USB Debugging.
- Please backup all your important data first.
Download Required Files:
How To Install CWM Custom Recovery:
- Follow all the steps given above.
- Connect your device to PC with USB cable (If any pop-ups shows tick the checkbox and tap on OK).
- Download and Extract CWM Recovery zip file on your PC.
- Make sure your device is connected successfully.
- Now double click and run 1-click-CWM-recovery-installer.bat and follow on screen instructions.
- After successful installation of CWM Recovery your device will reboot automatically.
- If you want to boot your device in Recovery Mode. Turn Off your device and than turn it on again, when your phone’s LED notification light turn Pink or any other color start pressing Volume Up or Volume Down button couple of times to make sure your device boot in Recovery Mode.
Custom Recovery is successfully flashed in your device. Now you can easily Root your device , Click Here for Rooting Method.