How To Install CWM Custom Recovery on HTC One V
Today, you’ll learn How To Install CWM Custom Recovery on HTC One V with the easiest method and step by step instructions from us. HTC One V run on Android 4.0 ICS with HTC Sense 4.0 UI. One V has a 3.7-inch Super LCD 2 capacitive touchscreen with 480 x 800 WVGA screen resolution. The display is bright and vived. The HTC One V is packed with a 1 GHz processor, Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8255 chipset with Adreno 205 GPU. The internal storage of One V is just 4 GB with 512MB of RAM. The smartphone has a 5 MP rear camera with LED flash and features like Auto Focus, BSI Sensor, Geo-tagging, Dedicated Imaging Chip, Continuous Shooting and many more. The camera also support HD video recording. The device come with a 1500 mAh battery.
Below are some warning statements that you must be knowing before preparing to Root or Install Custom Rom in your HTC One V Android Smartphone/Tablet:
- Rooting/Installing Custom ROM is not an authorized process hence you’ll be losing all your warranty benefits over your HTC One V after Rooting/Installing it.
- There are certain risks of damaging your Android Smartphone/Tablets while Rooting/Installing Custom ROM in it. Hence, it is recommended that you proceed at your own risk and we are not to be held responsible even if your Smartphone gets damaged during or after completing the Rooting/Custom ROM installation process.
- You might not receive any future official software or firmware updates after rooting and installing Custom ROM in your HTC One V.
Before You Begin:
- You need a Windows Based PC or Laptop for this method.
- Your device must be rooted first. Click Here for rooting method.
- Download & Install HTC One V Drivers from Here
- Enable USB Debugging on your device.Click Here if you don’t know how to enable.
- You device must be charged 50% minimum.
- We recommend you to make a Backup of you data for safety.
Download Required Files: (Download Only CWM Recovery Only)
How To Install Custom Recovery:
- Put both the downloaded files onto your Desktop.
- Rename the Recovery Image you downloaded to recovery.img. It’ll make it easier to remember.
- Extract files from the Fastboot archive to your Desktop.
- Turn OFF your device using the Power button.
- Now, while your device is turned OFF, press and hold the Volume DOWN+Power buttons together to reboot your device into the HBOOT mode.
- Select the Fastboot option from the HBOOT menu.
- Connect the device to your PC using the USB cable.
- Open a Command Prompt Window on your Desktop. This can be done by pressing and holding the Shiftkey on your keyboard and right-clicking on any empty area on the screen, choose the Open command window here option.
- Type in the following command into the Command Prompt Window: fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- It should install the CWM Recovery on your device.
- After the recovery is installed on your device, just reboot it by issuing the following command: fastboot reboot
- Your device should reboot.
That’s it!! CWM Recovery Image is successfully installed in your HTC One V