Motorola Moto G second generation was launched by Motorola in 2014 and was one of the most popular smartphone at that time. It’s other brothers like the Moto G 1sd and 3rd generation also become popular in the mid-range segment. In our this article we’ll guide you about how to flash/install CM 13 Android 6.0 Marshmallow custom ROM in your Motorola Moto G 2nd generation.
Before You Begin
- This guide is only for Moto G second generation smartphones. Don’t try on any other smartphone.
- Your smartphone must be rooted and TWRP custom recovery must be installed. Click Here for how-to guides related to Moto G.
- Make sure battery of your device is full or at least above 40%.
- Enable USB Debugging in your Moto G.
- Download and Install USB Drivers in your PC/Laptop.
- Backup all your important data.
How To Install CM 13 Custom ROM In Moto G 2nd Generation
- Don’t forgot any step mentioned above for safe flashing.
- Download the Custom ROM and Gapps package in your PC/Laptop and move it to your smartphone’s internal storage or just directly download in your smartphone.
- Now reboot your device into TWRP recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, Wipe data, system, cache and dalvik cache.
- Now select Install from the main menu of recovery and choose the CM 13 Custom ROM zip file and flash it in your smartphone.
- After flashing the Custom ROM, select install again and choose the Gapps package and flash it too.
- Once the flashing of both zip files are done, go back to main menu and reboot your smartphone.
Congratulations, your Motorola Moto G Second Generation is now running on CM 13 Android 6.0 Custom ROM.