Google launches Android 4.4 kitkat with the launch of Nexus 5. The good news is that Android 4.4 kitkat custom roms are available for many high end devices. Android 4.4 custom rom is available for Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 also. Official Android 4.4 update is not released yet. But unofficial Android 4.4 CM11 AOSP ROM is available for S3. You can easily install Android 4.4 based custom rom in your device. You just have to root your device then install custom recovery and rom.
Below are some warning statements that you must be knowing before preparing to Root or Install Custom Rom in your Samsung Galaxy S3 Android Smartphone:
- Rooting/Installing Custom ROM is not an authorized process hence you’ll be losing all your warranty benefits over your Samsung Galaxy S3 after Rooting/Installing it.
- There are certain risks of damaging your Android Smartphone while Rooting/Installing Custom ROM in it. Hence, it is recommended that you proceed at your own risk and we are not to be held responsible even if your Smartphone gets damaged during or after completing the Rooting/Custom ROM installation process.
- You might not receive any future official software or firmware updates after rooting and installing Custom ROM in your Samsung Galaxy S3.
Some Important Articles:
Before You Begin:
- You need a Windows based PC or Laptop.
- Root & Install Custom Recovery in your Samsung Galaxy S3.(Links are given in Some Important Articles section above)
- Download Samsung USB Drivers Here and connect your device with PC for complete the installation.
- Enable USB Debugging in your Samsung Galaxy S3.Click Here if you don’t know how to enable.
- Your device must be charged 50% minimum.
- Make backup of device data for safety.
Download Required Files:
How To Update Samsung Galaxy S3:
- Follow all the instruction given above for safe installation.
- Now connect you device to PC with USB cable.
- Move or Copy both downloaded files on your external sdcard.
- Now switch off your device and boot into recovery mode.To do this, Press and Hold Volume Up + Home and Power buttons.
- Once you’re in Recovery Mode, Select wipe data/factory reset, followed by wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache from advanced.
- Now go back to the main menu of Recovery Mode and select “install zip from SD card”.
- Select and Install custom rom zip file and then GApps package.
- After successful installation, go back to main menu of Recovery Mode and select reboot system now.
- First boot can take upto 5 minutes.
Congrats!!! Android 4.4 kitkat based CM11 AOSP custom roms is successfully installed in your Samsung Galaxy S3.