Find out How to Install/Update Lollipop based Custom ROM in your LG Nexus 4 and Root it with the easiest method and step by step instructions. This Custom ROM is developed by C-o-M (A Senior Member at XDA Forum). The official update for Nexus 4 is scheduled for 12 Nov. To Flash Custom ROM your device must be rooted and TWRP Custom Recovery must be already installed in it.
Image Source : bgr.com
Below are some warning statements that you must be knowing before preparing to Root or Install Custom Rom in your Android Smartphone:
- Rooting/Installing Custom ROM is not an authorized process hence you’ll be losing all your warranty benefits over your device after Rooting/Installing it.
- There are certain risks of damaging your Android Smartphone while Rooting/Installing Custom ROM in it. Hence, it is recommended that you proceed at your own risk and we are not to be held responsible even if your Smartphone gets damaged during or after completing the Rooting/Custom ROM installation process.
- You might not receive any future official software or firmware updates after rooting and installing Custom ROM in your device.
Before You Begin:
- Make sure your Nexus 4 is fully charged (60-70% minimum).
- Make sure TWRP Custom Recovery is installed in your device. If not, Follow This Guide
- Backup your apps and other data (You have to wipe your device during the flashing process).
Download Required Files:
How To Install Lollipop In Nexus 4:
- First of all make sure you followed all step given above properly.
- Don’t forget to flash TWRP Custom Recovery. Download Pre-rooted ROM, If you want rooted Nexus 4 otherwise download non-rooted ROM.
- Download Custom ROM and Gapps package and move them to internal storage of your Nexus 4.
- Boot your device into Recovery mode:
- Turn Off your device.
- Press & hold Volume Down + Power until you see the bootloader screen.
- Press Volume Up twice to select Recovery Mode and then press power button to boot into recovery mode.
- In Recovery, Wipe Cache, Dalvik Cache, System Partition, Factory Reset.
- Navigate to mount option and choose unmount system partition.
- Go to Install menu and choose and flash Custom ROM zip file in your Nexus 4.
- After flashing Custom ROM, flash the GApps package in your device.
- Once the process of flashing is complete, Reboot your device.
- First boot might take longer, don’t panic or do anything stupid.
That’s it!! Enjoy the Lollipop in your Nexus 4.