Find out How To Install/Update Android 5.0 Lollipop In Sprint Samsung Galaxy S5 And Root It with easy method and step by step instructions. Samsung rolled out Lollipop update for Sprint Galaxy S5 few days back and if you didn’t get any notification of update, you can update your device by our this guide. In this article we will first guide you about how to update your device to Android 5.0 Lollipop and then how to root it.
Below are some warning statements that you must be knowing before preparing to Root or Install Custom Rom in your Android Smartphone:
- Rooting/Installing Custom ROM is not an authorized process hence you’ll be losing all your warranty benefits over your after Rooting/Installing it.
- There are certain risks of damaging your Android Smartphone while Rooting/Installing Custom ROM in it. Hence, it is recommended that you proceed at your own risk and we are not to be held responsible even if your Smartphone gets damaged during or after completing the Rooting/Custom ROM installation process.
- You might not receive any future official software or firmware updates after rooting and installing Custom ROM in your device.
Before You Begin :
- This method is only for Sprint Galaxy S5 (Don’t try in any other smartphone).
- Make sure your device is at least 60% charged.
- Create a backup of all your important data.
- Download USB Drivers for Sprint Galaxy S5 from Here.
- Enable USB Debugging in your device. Click Here if you don’t know how to enable it.
Download Required Files:
How To Update Sprint Galaxy S5:
- Download both Odin & Firmware Package in your PC.
- Extract both Odin & Firmware Package in your PC.
- Now Turn off your device completely.
- Boot your device in Download mode , Press & Hold Volume Down + Home Button + Power Button.You will see a Android logo now press the listed button to enter in Download Mode.
- Now launch the Odin .exe file and connect your device to PC with USB cable.
- Wait for Odin to detect your device.ID:COM box in Odin turn Yellow after detecting.(Make sure the drivers is installed).
- Then click on AP (Its PDA in older version of Odin) button in Odin and select the extracted file with .tar.md5 extension.
- Only check Auto Reboot & F.Reset option, don’t tick any other option.
- Now click on Start button in Odin to start the installation process.It take few minutes to finish.
- You will see a PASS message in Odin message box after successful installation.
- Your device reboot automatically.First boot can take few minutes.
That’s it!! Your device is successfully updated to Android 5.0 Lollipop. Now lets Root it
How To Root And Flash TWRP Recovery On Sprint Galaxy S5:
- Download this CF-Auto-Root firmware and flash it on your device using the detailed guide given here.
- Install TWRP recovery on your device by following the guide from here.
- Now, download the SuperSU zip and Knox removal mod and copy them to the root of your device’s storage.
- Boot your device into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Power + Home buttons once the device is turned off completely.
- Flash the SuperSU zip followed by Knox removal mod to install SuperSU and reset Knox flag on your device.
- Reboot your device once everything’s done.
Congrats!! Your device is updated to Android 5.0 Lollipop and successfully rooted now. 😀