Install Marshmallow Firmware On Xperia Z, Z3 and Z3 Compact
Latest version of Android OS, the Marshmallow 6.0.1 is now available for Sony Xperia Z2, Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z3 Compact smartphones. You can update your Xperia smartphone to official Marshmallow via OTA update. But if you want to update it manually, then this is the right place for you. In this guide, you’ll learn about how to install/flash official Marshmallow firmware in your Xperia smartphone using the Sony FTF flash tool.
Before You Begin
- This guide is only for Sony Xperia Z2, Xperia Z3 and Xperia Z3 Compact. Don’t try this on any other Sony smartphone.
- Your smartphone should be at least 50% charged.
- You’ll need a Windows based PC or Laptop for this process.
- Download and Install Sony USB Drivers in your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging in your Xperia device.
- Backup all your important data, contact and documents.
- Xperia Z3 (D6603) 23.5.A.0.570 Ukraine Generic (Android 6.0.1) (Firmware For Sony Xperia Z3 D6603)
- Xperia Z3 Compact (D5803) 23.5.A.0.570 Latin America Generic (Android 6.0.1) (Firmware For Sony Xperia Z3 Compact D5803)
- Xperia Z2 (D6503) 23.5.A.0.570 Philippines Generic (Android 6.0.1) (Firmware For Sony Xperia Z2 D6503)
- Sony FTP Flash Tool (All Devices)
How To Manually Update Sony Xperia Z2, Xperia Z3, Xperia Z3 Compact To Official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Firmware
- Don’t skip any step mentioned above in “Before You Begin” section and Download all the files required files from the “Downloads” section.
- Download and Install the Sony FTP Flash Tool in your PC.
- Make sure all the USB Drivers are installed properly and also the Flash tool drivers.
- Download the required firmware file from “Downloads” and move the FTP file in the C:/Flashtool/firmwares directory.
- Open the Flash Tool (Which you installed in second step) and select the FTP Firmware file you want to flash in your smartphone.
- You should see screen similar to the one below before flashing (Device name and firmware according to your device).
- Make sure all the 3 options in Wipe menu are selected and No Final Verification option is unchecked in Misc menu.
- After all this, click on the Flash button and a prompt will come on the screen asking you to go Fastboot mode or Flashmode, choose Flashmode.
- Now again click on the Flash button to start the flashing process.
- Now the Flash tool will ask you to connect your device to PC in Flash Mode. To boot your device into Flash mode, Turn off your device and connect it to PC while holding the Volume Down button.
- The tool will start flashing official Marshmallow firmware in your Xperia device after detecting your device. Reboot your smartphone once the process is complete.
The first boot after flashing firmware file will take longer than usual, so don’t panic.
That’s it!! You successfully installed / flashed official 6.0.1 Marshmallow firmware in your Sony Xperia smartphone.