Find out How to Update/Install Google Asus Nexus 7 2012 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat Official Stock Firmware with easy method and step by step instructions. Latest Android 4.4.4 kitkat update is available for Nexus devices now. You can easily update your device from OTA update (Settings-> About Phone-> Check Software Updates). If your device didn’t got any update notification then follow step by step instruction given by me below and update your Nexus 7 2012 to latest Android 4.4.4 kitkat. Keep in mind that your device will lose root access after this update. But you can get root access and Install CWM Custom Recovery in your device by this method.
Before You Begin:
- Backup device storage, SMS, contacts, calenders and other stuff (This procedure won’t wipe any of your present data on the phone, but we prefer to be at a safe side, always)
- Enable USB Debugging in your Nexus . Read guide here how to enable USB Debugging in Android devices.
- Make sure your Nexus is charged al least 60%.
- Download & Install Latest Nexus drivers in your PC.
Download Required Files:
ADB & Fastboot:
Android 4.4.4 Factory Image (Wifi Version)
Android 4.4.4 Factory Image (3G/GSM Version)
How To Update Nexus 7 2012 Android 4.4.4 Kitkat:
- Follow all the steps given above carefully.
- Download ADB/Fastboot file and extract on desktop.
- Download and extract all Android 4.4.4 factory image files in ADB/Fastboot folder.
- Turn off your device.
- Now boot your device in Bootloader/Fastboot Mode, Press and hold Power + Volume Down Buttons till you see some text on screen.
- Once your device is successfully booted into Bootloader/Fastboot mode, Connect your device to PC with USB cable.
- From the Fastboot directory, run the following according to your OS:
- On Windows: Run the file “flash-all.bat”.
- On Mac: Run the file “flash-all.sh” using Terminal.
- On Linux: Run the file “flash-all.sh”.
- Once the process is done and update is installed, Reboot your device.
That’s it!! Your Google Nexus 7 2012 is successfully updated to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat. If you want to root your device and install CWM custom recovery click here.