Find out How To Update Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 To Android 4.4.2 Kitkat with Odin flash tool. Easy method and step by step instructions. Sprint and Samsung rolled out Android 4.4.2 kitkat update for Sprint Galaxy S3. You can update your device via OTA (Over the Air) or Samsung Kies. But if you want to update your device manually with Odin Flash tool then you are at right place. You will lose Root access in your device, if your device is rooted. But don’t worry you can follow How To Root Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 method.
Before You Begin:
- You need a Windows based PC or Laptop.
- This stock rom is only for Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3.
- Download Samsung USB Drivers Here and connect your device with PC for complete the installation.
- Enable USB Debugging in your Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3.Click Here if you don’t know how to enable.
- Your device must be charged 50% minimum.
- Make backup of device data for safety.
Download Required Files:
How To Update Android 4.4.2 Kitkat On Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 :
- Download both Odin & Firmware Package in your PC.
- Extract both Odin & Firmware Package in your PC.
- Now Turn off your device completely.
- Boot your device in Download mode , Press & Hold Volume Down + Home Button + Power Button.You will see a Android logo now press the listed button to enter in Download Mode.
- Now launch the Odin .exe file and connect your device to PC with USB cable.
- Wait for Odin to detect your device.ID:COM box in Odin turn Yellow after detecting.(Make sure the drivers is installed).
- Now select files as per below instructions to install Android 4.4.2.Kitkat on Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3.
- If only one file is available in the Stock Firmware zip package of .tar.md5 extension. Then click on PDA button in Odin and select file that file. If there are other file also in zip file then select files according to given below, otherwise move to the next step:
- Click on Phone button in Odin and select file with “MODEM” in its name
- Click on CSC button in Odinand select file with “CSC” in its name
- Click on PIT button in Odin and select file with “.pit” in its name
- Only check Auto Reboot & F.Reset option, don’t tick any other option.
- Now click on Start button in Odin to start the installation process.It take few minutes to finish.
- You will see a PASS message in Odin message box after successful installation.
- Your device reboot automatically.First boot can take few minutes.
Great!! Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 is successfully updated to Android 4.4.2. kitkat. If you want to get Root Access back Click Here