How To Update Sony Xperia Z Ultra To Android 4.4.4 Kitkat
Learn How To Update Sony Xperia Z Ultra C6833 To Official Android 4.4.4 Kitkat Stock Firmware with Flashtool method and easy step by step instructions. Sony is the first smartphone maker to rolled out Android 4.4.4. Kitkat update for its device after Google. Sony rolled out Android 4.4.4 Kitkat update for Xperia Z1, Xperia Z1 Compact and Xperia Z Ultra. The update is available on few regions, You can check if its available or not in your region with OTA or Sony PC Companion. In this article you’ll learn how to update your Xperia Z Ultra to Android 4.4.4. kitkat with Sony Flashtool.
Before You Begin:
- This method is for Sony Xperia Z Ultra only.
- You device must be charged at least 50%.
- Install & Setup Flashtool in your PC. Click Here for our installation and setup guide (Read and follow full guide).
- Enable USB Debugging in your Xperia. Click Here for our guide on enabling USB Debugging.
- Download and Install USB Drivers for your Xperia from here
- Please backup all your important data first.
Download Required Files:
- Download & Setup Flashtool from Here
- Download Android 4.4.4 Stock Firmware For Xperia Z Ultra: C6833
How To Update Sony Xperia Z Ultra:
- Please follow all steps given above first.
- Download and Place Stock Firmware files in C:/Flashtool>Firmwares folder (Read Our Installation & Setup guide first).
- Install Flashtool Drivers from Flashtool>Drivers.
- Now open flashtool.exe file in your PC.
- In Flashtool click on the lightning button on the top left and select Flashmode.
- Now select the .ftf Firmware file and the options given in the image below and click on OK or Flash button (Depend on version of Flashtool).
- Now flashtool will load ftf file and you will see a log.
- After loading of ftf firmware file a popup will appear prompting you to connect your device to the PC in Flashmode.
- Now, turn off your device, and connect to your PC using the original data cable while keeping the Volume down key pressed. You should see the Green LED on your device. This is for flashmode, As soon as the phone is detected in Flashmode, the firmware will start flashing, Do not leave the Volume Down key until the process is complete.
- Flashing can take few minutes and you will see flashing done message in last of logs.
- Now Disconnect your device and restart it.
That’s it, Your Sony Xperia Z Ultra is successfully updated to Android 4.4.4 Kitkat.