How To Update Sony Xperia Tipo To Android 4.4 Kitkat
Find out How To Update Sony Xperia Tipo to Android 4.4. Kitkat with unofficial Cyanogenmod 11 build Custom ROM. Xperia Tipo come with Android 4.0 ICS with a 800 MHz processor and very low end hardware specs. The method of flashing is very easy and we will provide step by step instructions of the process. You have to root your device first and install Custom recovery in your device before flashing this Custom ROM. If you don’t have this things, do them first and then update your device to Android 4.4. Kitkat. Please keep in mind that this is not Stock Firmware from Sony or Official Cyanogenmod Custom ROM, its just a unofficial build so maybe some features don’t work in this build.
Image Source : GSMArena.com
Before You Begin :
- This method is only for Sony Xperia Tipo.
- You have to root your device first and also install Custom Recovery in your device (Important).
- Make sure your device is charged at least 60% when you start process.
- Create a backup of all your files and data.
Download Required Files:
How To Install Custom ROM:
- Please follow all the steps given in “Before You Begin” section.
- Download the required files from above.
- Move the download Custom ROM and GApps zip file in root (not in any folder) of your SDcard.
- Now boot your device in Recovery Mode.
- Use Volume buttons for navigation and Power button for selection in Recovery Mode.
- Now in the recovery mode, wipe all the data, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache for a clean installation
- Now go to “Install zip from sd card” and select the Custom ROM zip file and flash it.
- After flashing Custom ROM file, again select “Install zip from sd card” and flash GApps zip file.
- Now select “Reboot System Now” from Recovery menu (It will reboot your device).
- First boot can take some time so don’t panic.
That’s it guys.. Your device is running on Android 4.4 Kitkat now.